Kitchen Cabinets

NorthofCenterAugust 22, 2013

About to remodel a kitchen. It is small -15 by 8. I am astounded by the prices I am getting for cabinets. 25K for semi custom Brookhaven (which seems chintzy to me). I would appreciate recommendations for good quality cabinets that are a good value. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kompy

I agree with you, $25K for a 15x8 kitchen seems really high to me. I would get other quotes and ask them why it's so high?

It could be?
-doorstyle
-options
-include installation
-custom modifcations

Bookmark   August 23, 2013 at 9:40AM
jakuvall

Agree with kompy ,
would add to her list
Finish / species upcharges whcih can be 5i25% EACH,, molding stack, stacked wall cabinets, other decorative details (corbels, legs, onlays)
Style always cost more than function- it is possible to almost double the price of a configuration.

Note: that as a project gets more complicated the price difference between a basic mid range brand and the next level up shrinks. Occasionally they even meet, on rare occasions the "higher" priced brand comes out to be less.(Just did a master bath went to my upper mid from my mainstream brand and saved client 400 bucks. With better product)

Bookmark   August 23, 2013 at 12:21PM
joaniepoanie

Isn't Brookhaven Wood Mode's "lesser" line? I thought they had a reputation for being very nice cabinets and considered good quality.

You might try getting estimates from some independent cabinet makers...folks here often say their prices are comparable if not better.

Bookmark   August 23, 2013 at 1:28PM
More Discussions
Please help me decide on kitchen wall cab elevations
We have a 10 foot sloped ceiling (10 feet where the...
veroni2413
Calling all white cabinet lovers- what colors did you paint your
What color and share photos if you would be so kind.....
owataqt
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
WWYD with this area?
This area was designated as "dog cubbie"...
debrak_2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™