Fridge & Freezer decision - help needed!
I have gone to numerous appliance stores and looked on-line for photos and tried to figure out what we'll need in the future, but I can't settle on a firm answer so thought I'd post here.
- new home build
- can choose any size fridge (counter or full depth too)
- have a walk in pantry near the kitchen (10 - 15' away?)
- family of 5 (3 young kids - growing, obviously!)
- likely going to spend about $2000 - $3000 on fridge/freezer options (considering Samsung, KA, FP, others?)
- lots of Costco shopping, with some small grocery store stops (probably shop once a week at each)
- would like to start buying more 'bulk' meat to freeze
- don't use a lot of ice, will have treated water at the sink, but only one sink; can't decide if we want water/ice in the door even!
- can't really get a sense of how much I'd miss a freezer in my kitchen??? Anyone have this? Are the all fridges good quality?
Possible scenarios and combinations:
1) Huge french door refrigerator in kitchen, nothing in pantry (possible freezer in basement)
2) French door fridge in kitchen, bar fridge in pantry
3) French door fridge in kitchen, stand up freezer in pantry
4) All fridge in kitchen, stand up freezer in pantry
5) Some other combination - could put chest freezer in basement, etc.
Please give suggestions as to how to know what size of fridge is adequate!?!? And any other thoughts...
So many decisions with building a house and this one is taking the cake so far - I've been researching for months and keep coming up short of a final decision.