Chilled water dispenser

deanfinderAugust 15, 2013

Our current refrigerator has a water dispenser inside the fridge. It ends up requiring leaving the door open for too long when dispensing water, but we do not want to have a through the door dispenser either. Does anyone have any experience with a faucet that dispenses chilled water at the sink, like an instant hot water dispenser does? What brands of dispensers are there? It looks like Insinkerator used to make a chiller, but it is not on their website anymore. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beaglesdoitbetter1

We have a Westbrass Instant Water Chiller:
http://www.sears.com.pr/westbrass-instant-water-chiller/p-08316998000P

We have both an instant hot and the chiller under our sink and used a faucet that allows us to get both instant hot and instant cold water.

I love the chiller. I use it every day for the dog's water bowl and to make lemonade. DH uses it all the time for water too. It is kind of loud right after it's use but so worth having!

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 12:34AM
deanfinder

Thanks! I had seen the westbrass but could not find any reviews anywhere. Is it an instant chiller, or does it have a tank of chilled water?

Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 1:18PM
DerrekInMo

Another thing to consider is a bottled water cooler or a bottleless water cooler that is plumbed directly into your water supply line. We use a small countertop water cooler at home. ItâÂÂs pretty slick, sits on the counter under the upper cabinet. My wife loves it for the instant hot water. I use it to try to keep on top of my water consumption since my Doc wants me to increase it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bottled and Bottleless Water Coolers

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 3:11PM
More Discussions
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
Close matches to Conestoga popular White paint colors
We often get asked whose paints Conestoga uses on their...
Cabinet Joint
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
10 cm gap between cabinets and steel - help!
Hi all, Our kitchen designers have messed up their...
waytonc
scrappy25 renovation Part 4, final reveal, white inset/soapstone
Finally got some "completed" pictures, please...
scrappy25
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™