Recommend dark chocolate / espresso color for my bathroom cabinet

sonaliagrawalDecember 26, 2009

I am planning to paint my bathroom SW Latte sort of a color and then paint the bathroom cabinets in a dark chocolate or dark espresso color, but not black. Any recs for paint colors? Pics would be great.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
igloochic

Yup :) Sherwin williams paint is my favorite. I used their "Woodsey Brown" originally for a nice dark chocolate...I'd say a rich warm milk chocolate on the dark side...then I discovered the best chocolate paint on earth...have them mix you woodsey brown and then mix (they'll do it) an equal amount of woodsey brown with black. You get a very dark and rich TRUE dark chocolate color. Here are a few pics (all of my trim is done in this mix):
(yes the door needs another coat of paint):

Most of those are mid construction photo's so they're a bit messy, but you can see the color in different lights. It's gorgeous with soft tan tones (I have it with parchment on my ceilings) and it's in my chocolate and latte master bath as well :)

Bookmark   December 26, 2009 at 11:21PM
denali2007

BM Bittersweet Chocolate has been a favorite here. I've done 2 of my bathrooms with it.

Bookmark   December 27, 2009 at 9:09AM
terriks

I used a Kilz brand paint from Walmart called Black Tea, that was a very nice deep dark almost black brown. I recommended it to a friend and it worked well for her also.

Bookmark   December 27, 2009 at 9:49AM
kmcg85

I used behr's espresso bean on my bathroom cab. It is exactly the color of a dark roast coffee bean. It is part of their new line.

Bookmark   December 27, 2009 at 7:35PM
More Discussions
Check In here, Roll Call
Hello dear friends! Have you made it here ok? Let this...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Help me style my living room!
I have no idea what to pair with this tan couch. I...
homestyles2
Art height...opinions
i'm hanging six botanicals above table. Do you think...
Kitch4me
Downsize master & bath reveal
Hi all, thought I would share one part of my downsize...
justterrilynn
I need help deciding what color to paint my sofa frame
I am re-upholstering a vintage french couch, with the...
lizzierobin
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™