Paint Suggestions for 3 Year Old Girl's Room

jlnickDecember 19, 2012

My daughter's new room will have bright and lighter pink accessories, with the bedding below. Furniture will be white. I think I want to paint the walls a shade of greige. I will probably end up doing some type of wall decal for decor, so want to keep the walls rather basic but still interesting, and still contrast against the white furniture. But appropriate for a 3 year old. Any suggestions on a color? Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
palimpsest

I think the greige sounds good but as to specific color the best thing to do is to grab a bunch of paint swatches and look at them in the actual room. With colors like that the daylighting and nightlighting the room gets are really going to affect the choice.

I think you will get more mileage out of your greige choice as a neutral backdrop than you would a typical "girl color" . If at 4-1/2 she suddenly hates pink, you could easily shift gears without repainting.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 10:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pipdog

I have the same bedding (sheets) from Land of Nod. I paired it with BM Nimbus in my daughter's room. It's leans more gray than beige, but it goes well with the bedding.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 11:16PM
More Discussions
Red / burgundy accent wall?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
Art height...opinions
i'm hanging six botanicals above table. Do you think...
Kitch4me
Help with floor plan - change keeping room to kitchen or dining?
I'd appreciate feedback on my modifications to the...
juddgirl2
Update on mcm landscaping - slow but sure progress
The concrete patios are in, but still curing. They...
rockybird
House of Cards - Table Lamps
Not wanting to hijack Ann's thread (Perception), I'm...
maddielee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™