Advice for kitchen remodel

cidradAugust 4, 2012

Any suggestions for remodel of this kitchen would be appreciated. House is a territorial; was considering a mesquite wood for the island, but think it might be overwhelming. What about different granites? Too busy? Thanks for any advice - I am so confused over all the choices.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CKGM

I think you could do a wood and plain perimeter like a simple quartz and do any type of cabs with that countertop combo-painted or wood.

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 12:38AM
lazy_gardens

First of all ... why do you think it needs remodeling or even redecorating?

What problems do you have when working in the kitchen do you think remodeling will solve?

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 3:37PM
blfenton

Are you gutting the kitchen and redoing the layout or are you doing a cosmetic upgrade and just replacing counters and adding a backsplash.

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 3:41PM
andreak100

Welcome - I think you're a newer name! :) Best advice I can give right now is, help us in helping you...

What "works" and "doesn't work" in your current kitchen?
What things do you like or dislike? What is the decor in the rest of your house like? What pictures of kitchens have you seen that you like the look? etc

You'll find a ton of help here, but it's easier if we have a bit of guidance to start since my preferences and tastes as well as the way we use our kitchen may be widely different from yours.

Also, you'll find that you can get a ton of advice here on FUNCTIONALITY of your kitchen if we know a bit about you and the people who are in your household. Do you cook a lot, bake a lot, 1 or multiple cooks, how many in the house, etc.

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 3:51PM
More Discussions
Induction cooktop > no slow cooker?
Can the low settings, timer and a good pot replace...
anniel58
A small sink with a cover?
I know I've seen this but can't find it now. I'm looking...
Annette Holbrook
Alternate granite idea to replace Cambrian black I had been planning?
My DH is killing me. We are doing white cabinets and...
happyallison
New Layout Help Please
Here's a first go of a new layout. We eat many meals...
sebandninasmom
scrappy25 renovation Part 4, final reveal, white inset/soapstone
Finally got some "completed" pictures, please...
scrappy25
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™