Kitchen paint

salvesAugust 4, 2014

I am looking for a color for my kitchen and 2 foyers that jet off of the kitchen. They both have cathedral ceilings. The kitchen has a standard height ceiling. My cabinets are maple with black granite, island is a muted cranberry with carrera marble, oak floor. I was thinking along the lines of a greige. I thought I had found the color in BM Revere Pewter but it looks so light on my walls. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robynstamps

I'm in the same boat as you. I was also going to use Revere Pewter but seems way too light. I want something that shows up a little more.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 1:00AM
function_first

I just used BM Chelsea Gray kitchen of our new home (med cherry cabinets and black granite) and I love it. We have a lot of natural light in there so could get away with the darker shade of gray. Highly recommend Chelsea gray- a very true gray.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 2:55AM
salves

The Chelsea Gray is very pretty. I am hoping to find something with a little more tan in it. I will keep the Chelsea Gray for another room. Thank you.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 6:59AM
Mags438

Take a look at BM Harbor gray; it has a tinge of beige/tan in it.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 7:47AM
vdinli

Try BM Ashley Gray-it was too dark a greige for us but might work for you. Paint big swatches on poster board leaving a white border at the edges. You can hang it in different areas and observe it under different lighting conditions before making the decision.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 10:29AM
More Discussions
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Dishwasher location
How is the location of dishwasher determined? Left...
ourgeorgiahouse
Kitchen update.
New cabinets - Natural Cherry - Ramsey Cabinets VA Soapstone...
arch123
Help me with my Appliance Allowance - $15k
We have $15k in our appliance allowance. We need a...
dcnatfan
Corian Countertop -Show your pics!
Hi, I'm considering installing a corian countertop...
MercerM
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™