Giving up ABB status

Holly- KayAugust 28, 2013

I lived without a backsplash tile to recuperate from remodel fatigue but decided last week it was time to move on. I am ordering my material tomorrow. It is Durango tumbled marble in 4 x 4 squares. Also my painter starts the kitchen on Friday. I am so ready to be done already and to post final reveal! Thanks to all who encouraged me along the way.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

Wow!! Good for you! I've been ABB for almost two years now but recently found a pratt and larson tile I really like. It may be the one. I need to post and get feedback. I can't wait to see how yours looks. Maybe you will inspire me to finish my kitchen. Go you!

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 10:17PM
breezygirl

Wow!! Good for you! I've been ABB for almost two years now but recently found a pratt and larson tile I really like. It may be the one. I need to post and get feedback. I can't wait to see how yours looks. Maybe you will inspire me to finish my kitchen. Go you!

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 10:19PM
Holly- Kay

Thanks Breezy! I'm excited to get it installed!

I will be anxious to see what you choose. Pratt and Larson makes beautiful tiles. Please post pics!

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 10:25PM
oldbat2be

Good news from both of you, yay! Look forward to seeing your choices and you know hopefully I'm happy to do any photo shopping for either of you:)

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 10:34PM
Holly- Kay

Thanks for the offer OB, the tumbled marble is very plain and has a bit of an Old World feel to it.

How is your living room coming along? Did you decide on the color combo for your tile yet?

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 10:56PM
snookums2

Your kitchen is beautiful already. I'm sure the backsplash will only enhance it.

What does ABB mean? I keep seeing it around.

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 11:01PM
firstmmo

Sometimes we need a breather...all of the decisions that need to be made can completely wipe out your brain! Glad you took time to recharge and are ready to get to back on that redecorating horse! Go get em Holly :)

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 11:13PM
angela12345

ABB = all but backsplash

I'm still in the ABB club. Right ? I mean even though I picked my backsplash YEARS before we started construction and finished the house over 2 years ago and actually ordered & received the tile last spring. If I haven't had it installed yet, I am still a card-carrying member of the ABB Club ??

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 11:15PM
angela12345

Although, for breezy, does ABB mean all but backsplash or all but banquet ? ; )

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 11:18PM
miruca

So .. if you do not have a backsplash ... is there space between the counter and the wall or ?? Just thinking maybe I should nix the 2 in backsplash and let it go for a while ... and figure something else out.

How is the counter finished off against the wall?

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 3:09AM
annkh_nd

Congrats, Holly-Kay! I hope the delay makes the end result that much more satisfying.

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 8:39AM
Holly- Kay

Thanks Snookums, I do love it. I actually like it more now than when it was first completed. I am anxious to post finished pics.

Angela it sounds like you are still a card carrying member of the ABB club.

Miruca, the granite goes the whole way to the wall the tiny space that doesn't totally meet is filled with a very fine line of caulk. They made 4 inch bs for me but I wanted the tile to meet the counter . I still had to pay for it though.

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 10:05AM
breezygirl

Angela--You ARE still ABB as long as you don't have tile on the wall. LOL on the banquette! I guess I'd be ABBB then.

OB2B--after school starts I plan to get some good pics of my tile sample in the kitchen and post them. I would so appreciate you showing off your amazing photoshop skills!

Bookmark   August 30, 2013 at 2:20AM
a2gemini

Holly-Kay and breezy- so exciting. Both of your kitchens are gorgeous already and the backsplashes will be the Crown Jewels! Can't wait to see your choices and OB PS skills!

Angela- I think if you click your heels together3 times,your tiles will pop up on your walls. OK- maybe a bit of work as well.

Looking forward to 3 new members of the ABB club and breezy will become the new honorary chair!

Bookmark   August 30, 2013 at 5:10AM
breezygirl

Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 3:41PM
rkb21

Oh, that's so exciting! I can't wat it see it!

I am finally almost done...I have some touch up painting left to do and then some finishing touches. It's great to be able to use my kitchen.

Post pics soon!

Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 5:02PM
GWlolo

Really excited to see this!

Breezy - Pratt and Larson.. Let us see the beauties!

Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 9:31PM
AnnaA

Breezygirl, I thought I may have missed your finale... Can't wait to see what you pick....hollyk too.

Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 10:25PM
More Discussions
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
Kitchen layout, updated
Revised layout:
edwardshome
knobs or pulls on cabinets - function vs. look
Hi all, We are still slowly inching along with our...
remodel-mama
White Kitchen Reveal
This is my second kitchen reno with the help of this...
rbpdx
Lighting 7 foot ceiling pantry
I am doing a bank of cabinets in my 9 foot by 7 foot...
katonahmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™