Any farmhouse sink owners NOT have a forward projection/reveal?

Kitten1313August 21, 2013

I like the classic farmhouse sink front projection (maybe 2 inches out, with a flush or negative reveal on top), but my husband keeps looking at pictures saying "it just looks like it doesn't fit. it looks like someone bought too big of a sink."

Does just not understand or does he have a valid point? Has anyone done a flush farmhouse sink installation? Share pics if you can pls. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wekick

Esthetics are personal, but in order to install flush, you might have to have room front to back and a flat front. I have two apron front sinks and one might be ok that way. The sides are too rounded on the other one. For me the biggest advantage to an apron front is that it does stick out providing better ergonomics. My favorite of the two sinks has a front that is only 1 inch thick.

Bookmark   August 22, 2013 at 9:01AM
GreenDesigns

They are mostly designed to sit forward in the sink base to show off their sides. If you're going to push it back, it might as well be a plain less expensive undermount sink. Plus, you'll get a lot more water dripping into your sink cabinet unless you install a stone drip rail underneath it that projects forward from the plane of the sink.

Bookmark   August 22, 2013 at 9:07AM
Kitten1313

Thanks for the replies. I fully intend to have it sit forward, just curious if my husband was the only one that thought they looked funny and maybe installed it flush.

Bookmark   August 22, 2013 at 4:47PM
More Discussions
Carrara tile backsplash with carrara countertop
I found a few images in the photos section of houzz,...
crl_
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Silgranit sink color for Alaska White granite?
In the ever-changing world that is my new build, I...
beeps
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™