Show me your creative pantry doors!

SpottythecatAugust 7, 2013

Hello...house will be completed in late October...I am still in search of a fun, vintage door for my pantry. I have visited architectural salvage shops, ebay, Habitat etc....still haven't found "the" door. So, I am looking for ideas to get my creative juices flowing! Builder is pestering me for that door asap!

Many that I look at are really in rough shape, extra holes for knobs, termite damage, too wide or too short etc....

Help!
Pam

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kam76

I can't grab a picture of mine b/c it is in our storage unit but I am going for the same look. I went to an antique/salvage kind of shop and found with an original glass panel on the top in pretty good shape for $65. It was an old exterior door. This shop had lots of door knobs/plates/locks and we were able to dig through and find a matching set. We are going with a crystal door knob. I have not decided what I am going to do about the paint. It is white and worn but not in that nice shabby chic way, more dirty and dog scratch way. :) I don't want it to look brand new either and I am not confident in my skills to do "distress painting". I have seen some examples of it where it looks pretty cheezy and I am sure mine would look that way.

Anyway, I looked on CL too but a lot of the doors on there people were asking over $100 for and they were not that great.

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 11:06AM
More Discussions
Pot filler, Gooseneck or Pullout over Prep sink
I’ve searched the internet for similar topics but...
Gemcap
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
WWYD with this area?
This area was designated as "dog cubbie"...
debrak_2008
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Clearance for full overlay doors
I'm finally ready to order the doors and drawer fronts...
weedyacres
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™