Help with kitchen design II?

halgreeneAugust 12, 2014

Hi Guys,

Well, here it is, the design my kitchen guy has proposed. Kinda simple but I can't see much of a way to improve it, but I'm sure GWers will beg to differ.

Please do!

Thanks!

Hal

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenhaven

Hi Hal!

You will have to tell us a little more about your family and cooking style. Do you have family at home with you? How many cook?

Your design does not look to bad to me, one thing does stand out, though. When your fridge door is open you will be blocking entry into the kitchen. I would propose moving it to the end of your cooktop run unless you are a single guy, in which case it doesn't really matter.

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 9:49AM
halgreene

This kitchen is for a couple that cooks almost every night. Usually only one person cooking at a time, though.

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 10:17AM
huango

- I would make the sink countertop all 1 level, so that you get a larger span of countertop.

- is that 2 wall ovens, or is one of them a MW?
if not, then where does MW go?

- I would put the trash on the right side UNDER the sink (18" pullout), so

- you can make the 2 cabinets to the right of the sink into just one 27" 3-drawers. I find that 4 drawers (especially narrow 12" ones) are wasteful in space since they don't store that much.
good luck,
Amanda

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 11:22AM
halgreene

Hey Amanda,

Thanks for this! We always deeply desired to have the countertop all one level (especially since we are doing zinc) but our plumber told us no: there were pipes coming out of the concrete floor that could: Not. Be. Lowered.

So we hired another plumber and guess what? They are now lowered. Go figure. Also we are adopting all your other suggestions, too.

BTW, it is a double wall oven. The MW is going in the pantry (we don't use it for much, anyway, just popcorn mostly).

Thanks, you have been a tremendous help!

Bookmark   August 23, 2014 at 10:33AM
More Discussions
What size are trash pullouts?
I have had three different KDs suggest three diff size...
kelleg69
Any ideas on drywall cost?
We are doing a DIY kitchen remodel. Completely DIY....
Kristen Hallock
Brickton's Finished Kitchen
We started our house in the fall of 2011 and moved...
brickton
Need help with peninsula overhang
HELP! I'm very concerned about the way my 2cm granite...
mcmummy
Gap between backsplash and over-the-range microwave?
Hi, all. Does anyone have an over-the-range microwave...
hjs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™