Help with a paint color

frmrsdghtrAugust 23, 2013

Maybe I shouldn't post this in kitchens, but it sort of relates :). We refreshed our kitchen two years ago and now our little family room really needs a new paint color (green room in picture). Any ideas on a color? I feel so stuck on this? I'm leaning towards something like BM Coastal fog but am a little worried about having too much gray in our little house, esp since all the cabinets are gray too. The living room off the dining room is BM Cedar Key. I thought maybe I'd switch it up and do the family room a blue-gray but all the sample pieces I've painted on the wall scream to me baby-boy nursery. I just haven't liked them. Would love your suggestions.

PS. Would also love ideas on how to keep laminate streak free. A minute after I mop (even if I manage to keep the kids off of it until it dries) it seems to get streaks/footprints everywhere.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
herbflavor

I like the green in the family room....light celery? do you dislike it? I wouldn't paint that room gray. You have enough black accents around and with appliances....not sure what you think gray walls would do for the space. The green works with brown couches/tan carpet and the black touches in kitchen/dining. How about just another shade of green-it's used widely now and considered a neutral.....a nice big painting above the couch with some colors so you see this when you look through....the green is a great backdrop for more decorating.

Bookmark   August 23, 2013 at 6:51PM
suzanne_sl

In the gray-blue category, we used BM Silver Lake for the LR.

Sorry about the junk, but that was the best picture of the actual color. The color in the adjacent room is more "baby boy nursery." The BM link shows a much flatter gray, but on the wall it's definitely blue-gray. Warning: this color looks very different in different lights. We tried it in our MBR on the same side of the house and it didn't look the same at all. Moral of the story - sample paint first.

Here is a link that might be useful: BM Silver Lake page

Bookmark   August 23, 2013 at 7:00PM
cookncarpenter

I like the green the way it is also, a soothing retreat from the work rooms...

Bookmark   August 23, 2013 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
Closet pantry or not?
I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get...
abbabug
Silestone Lagoon... Which one is the real deal????
I am experiencing the typical paralysis by analysis...
Anna Pensgen
So confused!!
Okay kind people I need assistance as I am overwhelmed...
Susan McGoldrick-Meerdink
Can we still email.....
like you could on the old GW, if you were set up to...
bicyclegirl1
Crack in Quartz countertop
I purchased my Quartz countertop 7 months ago and I...
avsheth2002
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™