Garland I made today for the Hoosier in the kitchen
Well, here's my first attempt at a garland. I decided to use fresh boxwood and then just remove it at the end of Christmas when it dries out. Then next year replace it with fresh again. It's not laying quite flat enough in one place but I'd better wait until that snow I sprayed on dries before I start fooling with it. Besides, think I need more snow! I sprayed the garland outside on the potting bench and when I brought it inside it seemed to melt a little probably because it's warm in the house.
Looks kind of like the Pat Catans garland I wanted except that one had fake Eucalyptus in it which was a pretty grey/green color. Maybe next year I can afford the artificial sprays or like I say, just add fresh boxwood again. It only cost me $5.39 too instead of $29.99.
I was going to cut some of my grapevine but changed my mind as there weren't that many long pieces I felt comfortable removing; so I found something just as good - Virginia Creeper vine! Twisted about five long pieces together, then added bunches of fresh boxwood, and then the artificial berry sprays, then sprayed with fake snow. Oh, and I bought some florist wire, a spool of green and a spool of brown, to secure it some places. That cost another $3 I think.