Clearances around fridge for cabinets?

boops2012August 4, 2014

Have an LG fridge. Its older and cant find a spec sheet on their website, so made a call. WAs told the clearances for cabinets is 2 in. on top and 1 in. on each side The fridge w. hinge is 69 1/2 in. high. And width is 35 5/8 in. The pantries on each side are 90 in.height. so the cab over the fridge would be 20 1/2in high? And 37 1/2 in. wide ? That makes no sense. Im confused. Help a girl who is way out of her depth please.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjhockeyfan325

More likely the cabinet over the fridge would be 18", wouldn't it - 69-1/2 in. plus 2" clearance, plus 18" cabinet = 89-1/2"?

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 6:47PM
boops2012

Thanks for the reply. Evidently Im lacking some basic math skills as well. LOL. Im kind of in a panic as the order is supposed to be submitted this week. Going back to the LG site: I looked at the installation pgs for 3 other models. each one said only 2 in for clearance in the BACK of the unit. Nothing on top or sides. Have no idea where the customer service person I spoke with got that. So back to to the original cab height.._

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 4:00PM
calumin

There is no way you should have zero clearance on sides or top. The clearance behind is important, If you don't have anything better I would go with your original clearances.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 4:42PM
Trebruchet

I had to alter my wall to shoe horn my new refrigerator in last year. There's virtually no clearance on either side and no problems yet.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 11:14PM
snookums2

I found side clearances in a different manual. Installation one noted back, User Manual noted sides for different configurations.

Another thread with useful info on fitting:

Here is a link that might be useful: refrig clearances

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 2:09AM
More Discussions
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
marble bathroom counters in ladies room- real life
This marble counter is in the ladies' room basement...
scrappy25
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
Where do you keep your Aprons?
While DD is cleaning out all our kitchen cabinets,...
debrak_2008
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™