ISO large artificial Boston fern

seagrass_gwDecember 18, 2012

I have a dark problem corner in my family room. I can't keep a houseplant flourishing there and am tired of replacing them. I'm not an artificial plant lover, I have many healthy thriving house plants, but I want something in this spot that is green and looks real. I have a tall iron plant stand that fits well in the space and looks great when a healthy plant is in it!

Can anyone recommend an online source for a realistic-looking, large, artificial Boston fern? I've just come back from looking at a couple of large craft stores but I didn't care for their "greenery". I'm willing to invest in something of high quality but don't know where to look.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yayagal

Les told me about one but I've forgotten the name It was Bella Flore or something like that. I bought the most convincing Boston fern and people always ask me how I keep it so healthy. It's mixed in with smaller read ones. Maybe she can help.

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 4:30PM
Annie Deighnaugh

I've not ordered from them, but they look good on line anyway...

Here is a link that might be useful: Silk Plant Design

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 5:06PM
seagrass_gw

Thank you both for taking the time to respond. yayagal - couldn't come up with anything on Google about that. Annie, the Silk Plant Design website does look good.

I did find a post from June on this forum about silk plants (I had searched "artificial"). One of the sources mentioned was NDI. I posted the link below LOL. I know I said I was willing to invest in something of high quality...

Here is a link that might be useful: But is it worth $350.00???

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 3:19PM
Fun2BHere

Funny, I was going to suggest NDI. I think their products are worth the price, but the designers who post here may have a more cost-effective source.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 4:26PM
vickij

I managed a silk floral shop in West Palm Beach, FL for several years. Their silk florals and plants are amazing. They are a bit pricey but worth the money. The shop is called The Stalk Market and you can find them at thestalkmarket.net. It is a family owned business. Give them a call. I think you might like them.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 8:22PM
seagrass_gw

Thank you, vickij. The website seems to be going through some reconstruction. I'll keep checking back.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 10:59PM
vickij

I just checked the website and it does look like they are reconstructing it. I would suggest that you call them and talk with either Lena, Carolyn or Ken. They are the owners. They can email pictures to you and will be most helpful.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 11:10PM
erinsean

I too, love live plants...A suggestion (and this is what I do)..rotate your plants. I have a corner that gets only a small amount of light and I now have a palm tree in it. When the plant starts to look a little "down", I put the palm in front of a window and put a big Boston fern in its place. I imagine I rotate the plants every three months. Would something like that work for you?

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 1:28PM
More Discussions
can anyone school me on encaustic tile?
I've found a pic of this gorgeous bathroom tile but...
daisychain01
How to respond to social backlash aimed at your mid mod aesthestic? R
Today's retrorenovation blog was filled with subjects...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
Ellen's Design Challenge final - spoiler alert
Spoilers below -- but, I really want to know the answer. I...
edie_thiel
Need Help Decorating My Bedroom
Hi there, I'm excited to be here! This is my very first...
jmdkc
Curtain Height?
My walkout basement ceilings are 9 feet. I like curtains...
mattypies
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™