Can you please help me find this kitchen?

LindaM56August 8, 2012

Hi, I think we are getting closer to making some decisions about our kitchen layout and upcoming remodel (it's only been about a year since I posted our current layout and asked for input, but other things have taken priority).

That being said, I am wondering if anyone can help me locate the source of this kitchen? I foolishly saved the picture without any identifying names or threads, and would love to find out what the countertop and backsplash are (and ideally would like to see the rest of the kitchen too).

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donaleen

I suggest a Google image search on your photo. I love image search!

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 4:29PM
blackchamois

Ooooo I can see why you would want to search for that! Very pretty!!!

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 4:38PM
LindaM56

Thanks donaleen, from what I can tell, this is not may_flowers kitchen. Trying google images.....

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 4:57PM
donaleen

No, I don't think it is may_flowers kitchen. I think she uploaded the image. She has two posts on GW that show that kitchen. Maybe you can contact her and see where the image is from. Could be from a magazine or some other form of print.

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 7:09PM
babs711

I tried to google image it for you and got nothing concrete...just gardenweb posts that included it with no source.

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 7:19PM
LindaM56

Thanks for trying to help, I have sent may_flowers an email. Hopefully he/she receives it and emails me back (I initially don't think I had the 'ability to receive email' box checked, but I have done so now).

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 9:04PM
Annie Deighnaugh

Oops ... posted this on the other thread...repeating here:

I think this is the kitchen, though it doesn't look so rich in this pic as in the OP's pic...though I love the cabinet color and the monochrome counter/tile combo.

Traditional Kitchen design

Here is a link that might be useful: Houzz

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 9:37PM
LindaM56

You're right! That's exactly the kitchen! Thank you, thank you! Yippee, hopefully Houzz has some details~

any ideas as to what the countertop is? quartzite, quartz, granite?

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 10:09PM
may_flowers

Well, I'm glad Annie found it because I had no idea! I would have suggested Houzz.

I saved it because I love the tone-on-tone backsplash. I've seen custom tile places online where you can chose the colors and the percentages of the mosaic and they randomly generate a pattern for you. You could ask here for the site names as I think that's how I found out about them.

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 11:55PM
petra66_gw

The Susan Jablon Mosaics has such a device.

Here is a link that might be useful: Susan Jablon Mosaics

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 5:45AM
deedles

Google image search? I've searched for images with descriptive words but are you saying you can somehow search using an image?

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 8:45AM
Angie_DIY

Deedles:If you go to any Google Images search screen, there is a box to enter the keywords, as you know. However, on the right-hand side of that box, there is a little camera icon. If you click the icon, you can enter the URL of a picture for which you would like to search. You can also upload a picture from your computer instead of entering a URL.

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 9:39AM
nineteenoeight

Angie - wow, never saw that, what a great tool. I've used TinEye.com before but I think this may be even better.
Thanks!

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 9:45AM
Angie_DIY

I, of course, learned about it here on GW KF!

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 10:03AM
blackchamois

LindaM56 - You can post a question on Houzz and often times the designer will reply. If not, I have also contacted the designer via their email/website, and have even picked up the phone and called them directly. (I did this for a designer that was in my local area and she was very helpful.) If you are trying to get the spefics on materials used, give that a try!

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 1:04PM
LindaM56

Thanks to all that helped me find out more about this kitchen! Using the larger kitchen photo posted by AnnieDeighnaugh, I google image searched (thanks to donaleen and AngieDIY) and found an entire thread from 2008 right here on GW! I will try to post the link so that everyone else can see this beautiful kitchen (hoping this link works).

Pretty soon I will be posting our tentative layout with some questions~
Wow, you are all wonderful!

Pretty soon I will be posting our tentative layout with some questions~

Here is a link that might be useful: counter/backsplash

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 8:17PM
may_flowers

I just came across this photo in my pictures folder. It's very similar but in the mini subways.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 9:09AM
Annie Deighnaugh

Rats, I wish I saw this kitchen before I did mine....I'd copy all the finishes as I love them....I wanted a more cocoa brown in my kitchen cabs but our supplier didn't have it....though we used the same color in the rest of the house on the cherry trim and it looks great.

And I love the shiny mosaic tile, but didn't have a place to put it...I would've never thought it'd look good in a kitchen and yet it looks so fab!

Oh well, maybe in 20 yrs when I have to redo my kitchen again....

Hah!

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 10:24AM
may_flowers

I like the mini subways better than the mosaic. How do you think the colors and shape would look in my kitchen? I wouldn't do iridescent though. I'm waiting for my natural cherry cabs to darken before I do BS because the sample is much darker.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 10:43AM
LindaM56

Yes, I think that pic with the mini subways is Pip's kitchen. Also one of my inspiration kitchens, so beautiful!

May_flowers, IMO they would be beautiful in your kitchen. Would you put them up behind your hood? May I ask what your floors and counters are?

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 2:12PM
may_flowers

The counter is Caesarstone 'Buttermilk'. I wouldn't recommend it though because I think I got a bad batch. Our fabricator is replacing it with something almost identical from another quartz company. When they cleaned the epoxy off with Barkeeper's Friend and acetone, as the Caesarstone rep told them to do and they've done many times, it took the shine off the surface. An edge chipped two weeks after install for no reason, and the pattern has white finger-print looking blotches all over it that is NOT on any of the samples. Caesarstone wouldn't do anything about it, and I felt their QC was lacking, so we switched to Pental Chroma 'Botticino'. It's a PNW company, so we could view the slabs first in Portland.

The floor is porcelain tile from Daltile called Florenza 'Sabbia'. It's 18 x 18 tile laid in an offset pattern. There's a lot of variation from tile to tile, so if you're considering tile, be aware of that. We thought we made a mistake when they opened the boxes and there was more gold than anticipated, but it ended up looking great with the counter.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 3:07PM
SaraKat

I love this kitchen, is the new countertop holding up? So sorry you had to have the first one replaced! It's very pretty, love the backsplash.

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 11:22PM
rococogurl

It's the Custom Cherry kitchen from Atticmag. Belongs to Margie B. Many pix with all the sourcing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Custom Cherry Kitchen

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 9:18AM
More Discussions
Honed Vermont Danby marble countertop owners... Love it or leave it???
I am hoping to understand people's experience who have...
Pippin
Ikea Cabinets & Butcherblock - Quality?
We're about 95% sure we're replacing our cabinets....
annaw_123
Granite Countertop seam question
I have a new construction house on contract. The granite...
sega_102
Week 44: Spring, spring, SPring, SPRING dreams!
I am having spring fever. I can't wait until it's...
CEFreeman_GW
Kitchen Reveal - White Cabinets/Soapstone
Hi all, I wanted to post the before/after pics of our...
runnergirl79
Sponsored Products
Courtly Check Canape Knives
$62.00 | Horchow
Zuo Fly Brown Adjustable Modern Bar Stool or Counter Stool
Euro Style Lighting
Mendota Harbor Gray Paint Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
George Kovacs | 6 Light Pendant - P593
$590.00 | YLighting
Yosemite Home Decor 2-Light Under Cabinet Fluorescent Light that comes with an e
$57.60 | Home Depot
White 5-piece Dining Furniture Set
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™