Shelf brackets! Yikes $$$$$! Help! Show me your kitchen or other

jterrilynnDecember 12, 2013

I have some hardy cherry shelves to mount in a kitchen. I will need at least three brackets a shelf. The shelves are 14" deep and will be used to support pretty everyday dishes such as plates, saucers, cups and bowls. I'm guessing I need 12" brackets? Originally I wanted something stainless in a simple modern design. When I googled this criteria I found brackets near $200 or over "each". This nearly gave me a heart attack! I had no idea. Would anyone know of simple, attractive but heavy load brackets that do not cost an arm and a leg?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Elraes Miller

I just bought brackets at HD. They are in the gate hardware area. Was surprised how heavy they are and well made. Available in stainless or black, nice style (not the plain garage looking ones). Two different sizes, less than $15 each. You could look at them and see what the weight strength is, plus if the design would work. There are two different sizes. Just checked their web site and these are not shown.

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 3:54PM
chesters_house_gw

There are these on Amazon. The description doesn't provide a weight rating other than "amazing," however.

Here is a link that might be useful: stainless brackets

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 4:03PM
jterrilynn

Thank you for your help! I never would have thought about looking in the fence and gate section and will have a look tomorrow. You inspired me to think out of the box so I am now looking in restaurant supply houses. These are close to what I want in a simple stainless that will hold a heavy load I but donâÂÂt really want to spend $59 a bracket. So, IâÂÂll keep looking.

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 8:51PM
tinan

Check ikea too.

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 9:00PM
tinan

Check ikea too.

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 9:14PM
yayagal

Amazon has quite a few of them.

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 10:11PM
vedazu

Perhaps, if not now, but in the future, you can find a handy carpenter--my carpenter just took the utilitarian metal supports and routed out some decorative covers--two pieces of wood with the metal inside--like a wood sandwich. Didn't take him long and they look prettier than metal.

Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 10:25AM
vedazu

Perhaps, if not now, but in the future, you can find a handy carpenter--my carpenter just took the utilitarian metal supports and routed out some decorative covers--two pieces of wood with the metal inside--like a wood sandwich. Didn't take him long and they look prettier than metal.

Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 4:04PM
Elraes Miller

TJerri, I love those and as seen, there are a lot of options for a far lower price. The only thing about online is not knowing how solid they are. You can ignore this though, buying online has become much easier for me and the majority of products have surprised me regarding quality.

Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 8:38AM
jterrilynn

Thank you so much for the visual vedazu! And, I still need to check out Ikea as well. However, as Tech has said IâÂÂm worried about how solid they are. I have so many things to figure out in a short time and IâÂÂm also planning a big vacation. My mind is crammed!

Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 2:55PM
More Discussions
Office ready for window treatments - WWYD?
I finally hung the diplomas and DH's favorite print...
2pups4me
Do you like decor on the coffee table?
This relates back to our 'magazine house' discussion....
selcier
Where on Fence for Exterior Closet
I'm purchasing a "shed closet" to be installed...
Carrie B
Laundry room paint & would you remove the door?
Decided to ask… What color would you pull from the...
misformink
Photoshop Help with my exterior remodel!
Help! I want to remodel the exterior of my house. I...
fst96se
Sponsored Products
Gatco Tiara Satin Nickel 32" High Frameless Oval Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
15745CO Copper 6.9 in Kichler 3 LED Hardscape Light with Bracket
EnvironmentalLights.com
Shower Set With Hand Shower, Angle Valve, and Shower Bracket
TheBathOutlet
Hand Shower Bracket for 3/4" Shower Ring
Signature Hardware
Double Drapery Rod Set
Grandin Road