Crowded kitchen - can you help?
We are in the early stages of planning. When school starts again, I am hoping to get things rolling.
I tried this once before and had a really small photo upload. I'm hoping this works better!
We are very crowded in our kitchen. I cook most meals, but almost certainly someone else is in the kitchen with me (hubby or 3 kids).
Things I like:
- the doors that open outside the actual kitchen, where the blind corner would be. We have all the kid art supplies in there and it's great.
- the small cabinet next to the d/w works well for holding tray types of things.
- the peninsula
- the cabinets that are light maple and are in good shape (LaFata brand)
Things I don't like:
- the corner sink makes it hard to open the windows or clean the counter
- the d/w is a bit closet to the sink, although it does work
- nowhere to put trash (it's in the dining room)
- the very useless pantry that has fixed shelves 24' apart.
- we eat breakfast and lunch at the peninsula
- we eat dinner in the dining room
- I have a desk on the wall of the bathroom by the family room.
- We do not have a table in the eating area of the kitchen at all.
Here is my attempt at a photo of the layout.
So, not a lot of space. We can move the peninsula out to line up with the edge of the wall and gain about 6'. I am open to ideas for rearranging if it improves things!
Here is a link that might be useful: