Inexpensive White Shaker Caninets?

faulstrAugust 19, 2014

We are rehabbing a house we'll live in temporarily while building our new home and then will sell. The appraised value after repairs came in around $115k so we are trying to make nice looking selections but on a budget. For the kitchen, I want white shaker for the look. I prefer painted cabinets but realize that we might need to do thermofoil for the price. The kitchen is very small and we still need to design it, but I'd like to identify some cabinet options to research. We want something that will be under $2-2.5k which I know is hard to say without seeing a layout but the kitchen is about 10 feet long and 8 feet wide so it will be an L shape.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

IKEA has a few. They are pretty nice cabinets, especially for the price.

Bookmark   August 19, 2014 at 3:59PM
nancyocean

Did you see this thread, simply amazing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Super Budget $6000 DIY Ikea kitchen

Bookmark   August 19, 2014 at 4:29PM
faulstr

Thanks for the tip but I was going to mention that we're in STL so no Ikea. We have Home Depot, Lowes, Menards , Hoods

Bookmark   August 19, 2014 at 4:44PM
terri_pacnw

Hmmm, there is a thread some where with pricing of different brands and I'm pretty sure it was white shaker style doors.

"Our" Ikea is almost 3 hours away. I'll see if I can scare up that thread.

Bookmark   August 19, 2014 at 6:09PM
terri_pacnw

Easier than I thought..lol

Here is a link that might be useful: White painted Shakers

Bookmark   August 19, 2014 at 6:11PM
bbtrix

You don't need an Ikea nearby to use them. I live near St Louis and have done 3 IKEA kitchens. The shipping is doable especially during a sale. The current sale is over on August 24.

Bookmark   August 19, 2014 at 7:32PM
SuziKD

Home Depot Hampton Bay cabinets come in shaker white. It's the stock cabinets. Nice quality for your price home and they go on sale pretty much every month. If you have your measurements their people in kitchen dept can do a layout for you free.

Bookmark   August 19, 2014 at 10:02PM
fivefootzero

We purchased Wolf shaker white cabinets for our shore home. They are all wood boxes and doors, made in America, and a very good value for what you get. And they are in-stock, no special order required which was important for us.

The cabinetry here was approximately $3000, and what's missing is the crown molding that my husband hasn't installed yet, as well as the end panels for the side of cabinets to the right of the stove. The refrigerator is also completely enclosed by full-depth panels with cabinet above, you just can't see it here in this pic.

Here's a picture. My husband installed them. A few issues with a crack in a door panel or a paint skip, and these were addressed and replaced with no hassle.

Bookmark   August 20, 2014 at 8:23AM
More Discussions
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
WWYD with this area?
This area was designated as "dog cubbie"...
debrak_2008
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Karran quartz sink?
I really like the look and supposed durability of the...
oasisowner
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™