Foot of bed bench

cyn427 (zone 7)December 27, 2013

Has anyone ever purchased one of these benches (or anything) from Eloquence? Several online retailers have this bench and there are several local shops that can get it for me. I emailed the company and the response was delightful, so at least they have that in their favor! The furniture is made in Vietnam. US-made would be preferable, but I can live with Vietnam.

I like the look of these and haven't found any that are quite as lovely, although I am not a fan of the "shabby" paint effect. I figure that I can easily repaint if it is too much for me.

I want it for the guest room which I recently painted, etc.

Thoughts/opinions are welcome-positive and negative. Thanks all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aputernut

No but I made my own it's really easy to diy.

Bookmark   December 27, 2013 at 2:35PM
theclose

It's really pretty. I love the legs/French style. Since it is for a guest room and I assume won't get a ton of use, if the price is right I say go for it.

Bookmark   December 27, 2013 at 5:23PM
cyn427 (zone 7)

Aputernut, very pretty. I am always envious of talented people like you!

Mamorella, the price is $825 which I don't mind spending if it is a decent sturdy bench, but I hesitate since I don't know if it is. Ballard has a pretty Louis XVI bench. It is less expensive and 15% off right now, but it has an end of May ship date! :( no instant gratification there!

Sigh. What to do, what to do. I will probably dither and never get anything.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ballard Designs bench

Bookmark   December 27, 2013 at 7:58PM
cyn427 (zone 7)

Oops-meant to say thanks to you two! :)

Bookmark   December 27, 2013 at 7:59PM
My3dogs

Cyn, that price seems quite high to me. I'm guessing it won't get a lot of use in the guest bedroom? I found the one linked below on eBay for $449 or Best Offer. The seller has 100% positive feedback and the shipping is free. It has 4 legs rather than 6, but looks nice.

"The perfect bench for so many uses is this Louis XVI-style long vanity bench with a wonderfully comfortable, unstuffed seat. Crafted of sturdy oak and finely upholstered in authentic vintage French linen.

W40 x H18 x D15
Fabric: Vintage French Linen. Linen is hand-woven, each piece of fabric varies
Filling Layer, Foam & Fiber
Fabric Color: 100% Linen in Flax color
Fabric swatches available upon request

Price: $449"

Here is a link that might be useful: French Country Louis XVI Linen End of Bed Vanity Bench

Bookmark   December 27, 2013 at 8:53PM
cyn427 (zone 7)

My3dogs, you are amazing! Even though it is smaller, the bench you linked is very pretty. I bid (probably a little high) and got it. Should arrive in January. So excited. Thanks a million. You always come through with the best sources and ideas! I will let you know how it looks when it arrives!

Bookmark   December 27, 2013 at 9:09PM
forboystoo

Too bad it is out of stock here........
Same manufacture just different sites.
If you can wait 'till Feb might be worth it .

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.wayfair.com/Zentique-Inc.-Lille-Natural-Linen-Bench-B014-E255-A003-XWK1028.html

This post was edited by forboystoo on Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 22:44

Bookmark   December 27, 2013 at 10:28PM
hilltop_gw

I love the style you've shown but the price seems hefty. Ballard Designs has similar styles that are less expensive (see Marlow style at very bottom of page).

Here is a link that might be useful: Ballard Designs benches

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 10:25AM
romy718

Cyn427, the Ebay bench is lovely. Great purchase, congrats!

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 10:48AM
cyn427 (zone 7)

Forboystoo, I did see that one and didn't order because it was out of stock. I like it because it is made in Georgia. The one my3dogs posted looks to be almost exactly the same. Maybe it is the same manufacturer. Thanks so much. If I hate it when it comes, I will definitely try the Zentique one. I was hoping to get it before friends come to visit in January.

Thanks again to all of you!

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 1:18PM
cyn427 (zone 7)

Hilltop, thank you for the Ballard's suggestion. I did consider one of theirs-the Louis XVI-that was less than the Eloquence and which comes in a walnut finish and as I noted is 15% off right now. Were I not so impulsive (sigh), I would have waited for that one. I like its length. I am hoping the similar one I ordered looks as nice in real life. The one I ordered was less even considering the price reduction.

Romy, thanks.

I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate all your help, advice, and support! You are the best.

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 1:50PM
theclose

cyn, love the bench you bought! I was coming back to say that looks great and you should get it. Great find, my3dogs!!

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 5:15PM
cyn427 (zone 7)

Thanks for the vote of confidence, mamorella! I will post a picture when it comes. I am always so unsure when I can't see or touch something. Fingers crossed.

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 5:19PM
aputernut

Check Amazon and Overstock both web sites have several and much better prices.

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 6:15PM
cyn427 (zone 7)

Thanks Aputernut. I did check those. I got the eBay one for a really good price, so I hope it works!

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 6:34PM
More Discussions
Anyone want a crystal chandelier?
My BIL recently passed away. He had no wife or children....
badgergal
Help with window treatments
Hi, we put in new living room windows, and now I need...
marbelle21
Budget kitchen remodel
We relocated to a new state, and bought this home last...
reallymelanie
Broyhill lamps -- help!
A couple weeks ago I saw some lamps made by Broyhill...
tammy518
Ikea mattresses
We need to get a new twin mattress for my DS (9). ...
jlc712
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™