Do all microwaves beep? (In search of beep-less microwave!)

AboutToGetDustyAugust 20, 2012

Hi, we have a new kitchen with a small old microwave that can be hidden by a door. I hate the thing because it beeps! Not just a little soft beep, but a loud, obnoxious beep that beeps at every button push. Does anyone have a microwave that doesn't beep, or offers the opportunity to turn the volume down (or off)? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
darbuka

My microwave, a 10 year old GE Spacemaker, has a keypad button
that reduces the beep level by steps, turning it off entirely at the
final step. I would imagine this is a standard feature nowadays.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 2:54PM
debrak_2008

I have a brand new spacemaker and I don't think I have that feature. Will need to read the manual.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 3:01PM
p.ball2

We have an older ( about 10 years) microwave (GE countertop model) and we were able to mute the beep. You need to have the manual or look it up on line but I think you should be able to get one where the beep can be muted if you choose.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 3:01PM
AboutToGetDusty

Thanks, I'll look at the GEs. I need a small countertop microwave. Mine is not GE - maybe that's why.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 3:32PM
khinmn92

Most appliances give you the option to select the audible beeps or mute the sounds. Check the manual or if you don't have the manual available, you can most likely check the manufacturer's website to find the manual online.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 3:41PM
debrak_2008

I just read my manual and then went on line to search the manual. There is nothing in there to lower the volume of the beeps or to turn them off. Make sure before you buy that there indeed is a way to turnoff/lower beeps.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 6:20PM
suzanne_sl

I had to go push a few buttons to answer your question. Yes, my Kenmore OTR MW beeps when you push buttons. I think I like the beeps. It tells me that I actually hit a button, unlike the ATM keypad at the grocery store where I didn't push a button hard enough when entering my pin and then had to figure out why it didn't like my debit transaction. Hope you find an "off button" for yours.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 6:50PM
nini804

Our Sharp MW drawer doesn't beep when you push the buttons...drives dh nuts. I like it! :)

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 9:03PM
ginny20

Good question! I don't mind it beeping when I push the buttons, but it beeps really loudly when it's done. I wish I could turn it down, but I don't think I can. It's just a little Frigidaire countertop MW.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 9:17PM
More Discussions
48 inch WOLF DF Range, Steamer, Wall oven
Hello, I need some advice since these are a huge investment...
hkwan
WWYD with this area?
This area was designated as "dog cubbie"...
debrak_2008
Ikea Process?
We're re-thinking things and are now leaning towards...
annaw_123
G-web joining houzz, what do you think?
Not sure how I feel about it, haven't really enjoyed...
cluelessincolorado
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™