floor lamp suggestions?

sheilaaus122December 15, 2013

I need to replace a floor lamp- it's between the sofa and a rocking chair at the moment. It might be rearranged but will definitely remain in m mostly traditional family room., and definitely be used for reading (so 3 way is ok, but needs to have the capability for good light). .
I guess the one I have is similar to this one but not as nicely finished. (the one I am linking is way more $$ than I will spend........ It is brass with a white shade. I am replacing it only because it has been wobbly and not happy (and I have probably had it for about 15 or more years and I can't remember from where but probably it was $39.99 or so. It doesn't owe me anything.). It has served me well, and I would be ok with getting a similar one again, but figured maybe it's time to enter 2014.
I would entertain another floor lamp or possibly a floor lamp with a little table attached (to hold a drink but not much more)........ Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justgotabme

I have a lamp just like this on Sheila. You might be able to tighten the nut underneath to keep it from wobbling. I haven't had trouble with ours like this, but have with others.
As for where to find lamps at reasonable prices, I recommend Tar-get W-M or P1.

Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 5:58PM
Georgysmom

No suggestions but you got me thinking. I need a new floor lamp, too. Just ordered one from Amazon. DH is going to have a fit. I've been ordering so much from Amazon the past few months as I completed a bedroom, master bath and walk -in-closest project. I think I'd better lay low for a few months! I ordered the azure blue Tiffany style floor lamp and it's all your fault!

!

Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 9:55PM
badgergal

How about this one. It is the Stockton Palladian. It is available at Lamps Plus, Overstock and other internet sites. Myabe a local lighting store would have it too.

Here is a link that might be useful: floor lamp with table

Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 12:02AM
Annie Deighnaugh

I may be wrong, but I sense an undertone that you really like the lamp you have and are looking for more of the same. If that's the case and if the metal finish is in good shape, you can take it to lamp store and get it tightened up and then maybe get a new shade to refresh it...maybe look into a halogen bulb for it to change the light from it. It would be the less expensive and greener option for you.

Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 9:01AM
sheilaaus122

Actually, I do like it, but am open to a change. I was wondering what people would suggest and hoping someone would find something I never thought of or considered.
Badgergirl that might work----- and georgysmom, I looked and that is beautiful. It would actually look great in my room, BUT I happen to also have a tiffany kitchen light and I would be afraid of too much of a good thing or matchy match.... The fixing the light option is certainly worth investigating and in the meantime if anyone has any brainstorms or spots something of interest, please do share!

Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 6:23PM
justgotabme

Sheila, it would help to see a photo of the room the new lamp would go in to help us get ideas for you.

Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 6:27PM
sheilaaus122

You re right justgotabme, but I am very challenged lately with photos. I took some with my phone but they really are lousy. I will try over the weekend to get some photos.

In the meantime if anyone stumbles on some interesting floor lamps feel gree.

Bookmark   December 17, 2013 at 7:39PM
More Discussions
Anyone Dislike Their Memory Foam Mattress?
After 4-5yrs of having it DH and I looked at each other...
ttodd
what could make these sheers more modern?
The bamboo roman shade in one of these windows fell...
melle_sacto
Is this legit? RH law suit. You get this ?
This came on email. I suspect it's bogus, but thought...
martinca_gw
Fire glass for fire pits?
Hi everyone! We are doing a little project in our backyard....basically...
nini804
Starting with a (mostly) blank slate--paint?
I've been reading Gardenweb for a couple years, but...
mosspiglet
Sponsored Products
Jamie Young St Charles Mercury Glass Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
New Black Mahi Persian Wool & Silk Tabriz 3'x14' Hand Knotted Oriental Rug H5151
BH Sun Inc
Swanky Gray Narrow Zig Zag Double Gourd Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Farmhouse Oiled Bronze Pulley Adjustable Height One Light Table Lamp
$330.00 | Bellacor
AF Lighting Grill Floor Lamp - Silver - 8423-FL
$558.00 | Hayneedle
Thumbprintz Conjunction III Floor Pillow
Overstock.com
Santa & Cole | Diana Menor Table Lamp
YLighting
Safavieh Area Rug: Anatolia Light Green/Red 4' x 6'