garbage disposals under a farmhouse sink??

homeimprovementmomAugust 1, 2013

I would like to have a single bowl, white farmhouse/apron front sink and a garbage disposal. I am specifically looking at a batchfeed Insinkerator (but have yet to hear from them if they make a batch feed with a 1hp) or a batchfeed Waste King. In my searches I have found that farmhouse sinks mostly are fired clay or cast iron.

If you get a fired clay sink will it break when you put in the garbage disposal? Will the vibration of the garbage disposal cause hairline cracks or breaks?

What farmhouse sink do you have with what garbage disposal that works and no breaks or cracks? Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GWlolo

I have a insinkerator 3/4hp pro compact excel under my 30in shaw sink. Read threads on this site warning you to not over tighten when installing GD.

Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 5:34PM
GWlolo

Duplicate..

This post was edited by GWlolo on Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 19:10

Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 7:06PM
homeimprovementmom

Thank you for the photo and the reply. Both a very helpful! Is there a reason why you went with the 3/4hp pro compact excel as opposed to the Evolution Cover Control Plus InSinkErator? Did you consider the Waste King with your Shaw sink?

Bookmark   August 2, 2013 at 1:28PM
GWlolo

I have had bad experience with waste king. 3/4 hp was sufficient and I wanted continuous feed. The insinkerator I chose is compact and had lower weight than many of the others. I did not particularly care for cover control.

Bookmark   August 2, 2013 at 2:31PM
sombreuil_mongrel

Had insinkerator continuous feed in both of my Fireclay sinks for 6 1/2 years with no problems; do not over-tighten the mounting flange@!
Casey

Bookmark   August 2, 2013 at 8:39PM
More Discussions
Nobody does drop-in sink on stone countertop? Really?
I know... undermount is more popular these days --...
mudworm
Anyone have TCE4005 quartz counters (or any other carrara-lookalike)?
Hi there, I'm still in the process of trying to pick...
Melissa Silva
How old will I be?
How long did your kitchen remodel take, from the tearing...
ryseryse_2004
General Contractor bid excessive?
I'm doing a forced remodel due to a flood and handling...
beachem
scrappy25 renovation Part 4, final reveal, white inset/soapstone
Finally got some "completed" pictures, please...
scrappy25
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™