Help! Can I mix handle styles on my appliances?

mjoceanAugust 2, 2012

Hi,

I am looking at Miele DWs and considering handle styles (or perhaps no handle). All my other appliances are Wolf/SZ and will have narrow, straight tubular handles. A question RE the DW is whether to have no handle or integrated with a handle and if so, which type of handle. The DW will not share a wall with other appliances and will be hidden from sight by the island. My two handle choices are a larger, straight tubular handle or a narrow tubular handle which curves inward at the ends.

My hesitation about the straight handle is I suspect I may be bumping into it all the time and the curved handle may be easier on the hip bones! The curved handle is a new feature and unfortunately the Miele Gallery did not have it on display.

I would also appreciate your opinions about screen veiw for integrated vs not integrated.

I posted on Appliance Forum, but no response. I am also interested in comments regarding Miele Dimension Plus vs Miele Diamond.

I look forward to your comments!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beekeeperswife

I don't think the handles have to match. If you go with a straight handle, does it have the belt loop catcher? The part that goes beyond the place where it attaches or is it a U shaped handle, where the end of the bar turns to attach?

Can you get an integrated panel(s) and make it look like the drawers in the kitchen? I did that with my Fisher Paykel dish drawers and I love it. This way you can just use the same handles as your cabinetry. (Unless this doesn't work for Miele's dishwashers)

Mine:

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 2:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mjocean

Hi Bee,

Yes, we can get integrated panels. DH has expressed a preference for SS and given he has had so few preferences with this project I think we should go with the SS.
I beleive the straight handle is u-shaped.

BTW your kitchen is beautiful, I can't wait to see it finished!

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 2:10PM
More Discussions
Gap between backsplash and over-the-range microwave?
Hi, all. Does anyone have an over-the-range microwave...
hjs
Help! Are rift cut, slab cabinets always veneer?
We got a sample of our door color for our slab, rift...
frogster
Faucet for kitchen remodel
I am having trouble finding the right faucet to go...
kathy6421
Resurrecting kitchen project Part II
My husband’s kitchen deadline is still May, but it...
margo456
Any ideas on drywall cost?
We are doing a DIY kitchen remodel. Completely DIY....
Kristen Hallock
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™