Anyone with corner stoves?

tdog_1973August 17, 2008

Hello! Long time lurker...1st time poster...any of you have a corner stove either just the cooktop or slide-in? Any pictures you would be willing to share?? We will be beginning our build soon--supposed to have started in July, but that is a whole 'nother story... and I am fine tuning my kitchen plans. I really want the stove in the corner. (stove on a diagonal in the corner--I guess where you would generally have a lazy suzie!). I am thinking slide-in but would also consider just the cooktop. Thanks so much! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ma-bookreader

Our kitchen design place had a model kitchen that featured this design. My KD wanted to do this in my kitchen but it would have meant moving a window and I didn't want to increase the scope of our kitchen renovation, so we nixed that idea. I do think it can work quite well in some situations.

Bookmark   August 17, 2008 at 4:50PM
erikanh

Here are a few. See my link below for a portfolio that includes more corner ranges. The KD that I had originally hired loved doing corner ranges, but it didn't work for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: portflio including many corner ranges

Bookmark   August 17, 2008 at 5:23PM
tdog_1973

Thank you so much for your info! It was exactly what I needed! Thanks for the link to the portfolio erikanh!

Bookmark   August 17, 2008 at 7:57PM
buehl

See SharB's kitchen in the Finished Kitchens Blog...looks wonderful! Others have them as well, but their names escape me right now and there's no "corner range/cooktop" special category!

Here is a link that might be useful: SharB's Kitchen

Bookmark   August 17, 2008 at 9:56PM
tdog_1973

Thanks Buehl! Yes, SharB's kitchen is gorgeous!! Thank you everyone who has offered pictures/portfolios. Anyone out there that has one willing to share how much you LOVE it or LOATHE it? Thanks again!

Bookmark   August 17, 2008 at 11:04PM
More Discussions
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Anyone have experience with JSI rta cabinets? Essex or Dover?
I'm looking into this brand as suggested by a previous...
happyallison
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™