What do to with an angled window RE: drapery rods

jenfur427December 27, 2009

The house that we're building has 3 windows in our bedroom. They are close together, with a 45 degree angle between them. Not sure if I'm explaining this correctly. The only picture I have that somewhat shows what I'm talking about is from the model home. It only shows one half of the window, but I'm sure it'll explain it better than I can.

And from the outside.

I don't know if you can tell from the model home picture, but the windows are really close together, where I can't have three separate rods.

Now, I've made the drapes, planning on having an angled drapery rod. Please tell me that there is a cheaper option than what I'm finding online? I would need two of these angled hardware, but I'm not too excited about spending $70 after shipping for both of them.

So what are my other options? I was thinking I could buy wooden rods and cut the angle in both sides that would equal a 45 degree angle. But then I'm stuck on how to attach each side to the other.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay drapery rod angle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You might look for angled PVC pipe connectors. They are white, but you could spray paint them to match the rod.

Here is a link that might be useful: 45 degree angled PVC

    Bookmark   December 27, 2009 at 10:31AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Check out Country Curtains. They have two or three corner connectors in various colors. And it's a lot easier to do returns than Ebay.

I had a similar situation in a bay window, but the windows had fantastic molding. So I used tension rods inside the windows and let the molding frame the curtains.

Here is a link that might be useful: Country Curtains

    Bookmark   December 27, 2009 at 10:32AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Yes, I was going to mention Country Curtains as well. I have ordered from them many times. They have quality products and their service is fast, friendly and reliable. Also, if you have questions, call their customer service people. They can offer a lot of assistance for problem window areas.

    Bookmark   December 27, 2009 at 11:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Try Antique Drapery Rod compnay out of Texas. Calico Corners sells their stuff, and they are currently going to an all special order system, and are selling of their in-store stock. I picked up several of the pieces you need (I have a bay window), which are angled connectors. If they don't have it, you can order from CC or directly from the maufacturer online. I have owned ADR hardware for many years, and it is excellent quality. I prefer it to the quality of the Country Curtains products.

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique Drapery Rod Company

    Bookmark   December 28, 2009 at 12:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

jenfur, JCP has similar rod anglers as do country curtains.

    Bookmark   December 28, 2009 at 3:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Bed Bath & Beyond also carries bay window rods.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bay Window Rod

    Bookmark   December 28, 2009 at 7:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I got these from Lowe's or Home Depot.

    Bookmark   December 28, 2009 at 9:13PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Spectra Home - quality?
I have been looking for a swivel club chair for DD....
Are cordless roller shades practical with a large picture window?
Hi all! I plan to replace my windows and doors this...
Help! Living room paint colors!!
Hello everyone, I just bought my house and I need help...
This is why you don't pick paint colours off the internet
This photo has been circulating the internet today....
Dining room chandelier selection, please help!
Hi everyone, I need to pull my dining room together...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™