Dash and Albert rug under kitchen table?

lexmomof3August 6, 2013

I would love to have a cotton rug under my kitchen table that I could put it in my front load washer so I've been looking at Dash and Albert rugs. (I did see that they are supposed to be hand washed). My question is, does anyone have a cotton rug and how do you keep it from moving around since it's not stiff like a wool rug. Also, do the chair legs get caught on it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mpagmom

I have a Dash and Albert outdoor rug (not cotton) under my table and I LOVE it. I put a good rug pad under it and it stays pretty still. I have magic sliders on the bottoms of the chair legs so they will move easily. It gets a little bunched up from time to time, but not bad. It's probably about the same as a wool rug would be. Mine is big - 8x11 - so machine washing it wouldn't be an option. So far (14 months of use) I have spot cleaned and vacuumed it. No stains have stuck to it - even ground in chocolate. I think it can be hosed off, but I haven't done that yet. I'd be more likely to beat the dirt out of it. It's worth looking at.

Bookmark   August 6, 2013 at 6:02PM
More Discussions
Old World vs. Classic Kitchen--trying to figure out what I want
For the last several months I have been using the below...
2LittleFishies
So confused!!
Okay kind people I need assistance as I am overwhelmed...
Susan McGoldrick-Meerdink
Can we still email.....
like you could on the old GW, if you were set up to...
bicyclegirl1
Crack in Quartz countertop
I purchased my Quartz countertop 7 months ago and I...
avsheth2002
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™