hood/insert - please help me

housebuilder14August 6, 2014

So I am going to have 45 inches of burners (three 15 inch combisets). What size hood do I use -- 48 inches? Or should I do custom? What does my insert need to be?
I am so confused by how the hood and blower are chosen. Do they come together? Separate?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I know it is confusing. You may not know enough yet to benefit from a separate thread on this subject, perhaps you want to review threads on the appliance forum about hoods? Here is one overview, but it isn't complete.
A 48" hood would work for you, bigger would be okay too. You will choose between buying an "all-in-one" hood which includes the parts you see from across the room and buying an insert which could be put in a custom surround like cabinetry, or drywall, or copper.

Here is a link that might be useful: venting overview

    Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 3:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sophie Wheeler

54'' with at least 600 CFM of oomph. 2x that if a grill is part of that setup.

    Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 9:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I never really did understand it all, so I went with a hood/insert combo from the same company. Life is too short

    Bookmark   August 7, 2014 at 12:37AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Polished chrome and polished nickel fixtures in same kitchen?
This is what I get for not figuring everything out...
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
marble bathroom counters in ladies room- real life
This marble counter is in the ladies' room basement...
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™