Beekeeperswife - OT question about your tub fixture

Mom23EsAugust 20, 2012

I was looking through my clippings, and I noticed your semi flush light fixture over your tub. Where did you get that? How tall are your ceilings? I'm sure it won't meet code to get our OP, but there seems to be plenty of space. I only have 8' ceilings in our master bath, so I had given up on anything besides a flush mount.

Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beekeeperswife

Hi Mom23Es. We went to final inspection with that capped off. Then the electricians popped back over and hooked up the electrical part of this light for me. I had the task of installing the crystals!

It is from Overstock. If you search for Otis chrome chandelier, you should be able to find it and its sister that isn't a semi-flush mount. They are real glass, not acrylic. It just glistens. It is a knock off of a Robert Abbey light, which costs something like a $1,000. Quite a deal at Overstock, and make sure to get a coupon for an extra 10% off!

I have 8 ft ceilings in the bathroom. The fixture hangs down a total of 18".

Let me know if you need more help.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 3:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mom23Es

Wonderful!!! Thank you so much for all that detail. Plus, you said exactly what I was hoping you'd say. ;) I have had my eye on that overstock fixture, but I had pretty much given up because I thought it would be too tall. It looks like it fits perfectly with 8' ceilings, and it is very pretty installed. It looks so much prettier in your pic that I was worried it was a more expensive one.

The lighting designer proposed a VERY unattractive light to meet code. She couldn't find what she was looking for when i met with her, so I told her she could just find us something. I told her we were just going to replace it when we moved in so something simple and cheap would be fine. Why didn't she suggest capping it?!?!? Instead she added an ugly $80 fixture. Sigh. I'm so glad to have GW and helpful people like you.

Thank you so much! We will be installing that exact light. :-)

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 9:21PM
More Discussions
Granite countertop color question
My wife and I just bought some granite countertops. In...
dsm1995gst
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
IKEA Spring Sale 2015 begins 2/27
I spent a (long, long) day at IKEA on Saturday ordering...
tracie.erin
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™