Window Treatment Colors for Tuscan Kitchen

frank1203December 20, 2013

Hello, I would like some ideas on colors of window treatments for my Tuscan themed kitchen. I just remodeled the room and it is is painted in a medium beige with olive tones; has white trim and crown molding and oak colored cabinets with stainless steel appliances. Backsplash is also in the cream colored family and so is the floor. I have bronze accents in the room (switchplates, bar stools, etc.) to offset the too much beige look... I am thinking about having "soft roman valances" made for the two windows. I am struggling greatly with colors and finding fabric ideas. I definitely want something to brighten up or contrast the beige feel of the room. Whenever I think of Tuscan colors, I always gravitate toward olive green and brick red. I have been looking for a couple months and can find no traditional looking fabric in those colors. I don't want any wild patterns and no solids or flowers -just a damask or paisley feel to it. Can anyone give me color suggestions? Maybe my issue is that color combination is hard to find and need to branch out a little. Thanks again. Frank

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
juliekcmo

I think a nice "solid" but textural linen in a color would be fantastic. That red color is a good one. We have painted our kitchen that color, and love it.

I color matched my paint to a pillow and table runner in linen I found last summer at potter barn called rhubarb. See if they still have it. The color is perfect. Not too red, not too orange, not too brown.

Bookmark   December 20, 2013 at 6:55AM
More Discussions
Help me find a powder room paint color
My painter is here fixing another problem (sheetrock,...
tfitz1006
Where to buy discounted upholstery fabric?
Recently purchased an upholstered accent chair from...
kaisermust
Is Restoration Hardware bedding worth it?
I've been searching for the perfect white quilt for...
artydecor
How to respond to social backlash aimed at your mid mod aesthestic? R
Today's retrorenovation blog was filled with subjects...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
Dining room chandelier selection, please help!
Hi everyone, I need to pull my dining room together...
aboxofcrayons
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™