Window Treatment Colors for Tuscan Kitchen

frank1203December 20, 2013

Hello, I would like some ideas on colors of window treatments for my Tuscan themed kitchen. I just remodeled the room and it is is painted in a medium beige with olive tones; has white trim and crown molding and oak colored cabinets with stainless steel appliances. Backsplash is also in the cream colored family and so is the floor. I have bronze accents in the room (switchplates, bar stools, etc.) to offset the too much beige look... I am thinking about having "soft roman valances" made for the two windows. I am struggling greatly with colors and finding fabric ideas. I definitely want something to brighten up or contrast the beige feel of the room. Whenever I think of Tuscan colors, I always gravitate toward olive green and brick red. I have been looking for a couple months and can find no traditional looking fabric in those colors. I don't want any wild patterns and no solids or flowers -just a damask or paisley feel to it. Can anyone give me color suggestions? Maybe my issue is that color combination is hard to find and need to branch out a little. Thanks again. Frank

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
juliekcmo

I think a nice "solid" but textural linen in a color would be fantastic. That red color is a good one. We have painted our kitchen that color, and love it.

I color matched my paint to a pillow and table runner in linen I found last summer at potter barn called rhubarb. See if they still have it. The color is perfect. Not too red, not too orange, not too brown.

Bookmark   December 20, 2013 at 6:55AM
More Discussions
Exterior lighting question
We're replacing all of our exterior lights. There's...
franksmom_2010
School Medical exams - personal
My kids' schools require annual back to school physicals. What...
mtnrdredux_gw
Speaking of food...Sacher Torte
I recently found out my son's favorite dessert is Sacher...
Javachik
Is this legit? RH law suit. You get this ?
This came on email. I suspect it's bogus, but thought...
martinca_gw
House exterior - cedar siding alternative?
I love the look of horizontal cedar slats, and would...
juno_barks
Sponsored Products
KOHLER Shower Enclosures Levity 28.125 in. x 74 in. Frameless Rear Sliding
Home Depot
Carre Swag Pendant by De Majo
$414.86 | Lumens
Hudson Valley Lighting | Massena Pendant
$482.00 | YLighting
Artemide | Fukurou Pendant Light
$905.00 | YLighting
Each Julianna Pieced Curtain 42"W x 96"L
$210.00 | Horchow
Paris Curved Outdoor Sofa with Cushions, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
2" Premium Faux Wood. Free Samples and Shipping!
$37.00 | Blinds.com
Blindsgalore Signature Drapery Panel: Quatrefoil Sheer
Blindsgalore
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™