Which Silgranit sink, Precis or Diamond?

malabacat_gwAugust 15, 2014

I've decided to go with a Blanco Silgranit sink (posted awhile back about whether to change from SS to Silgranit). Now I can't figure out whether to go with the Precis or Diamond. Both are about the same size, both can be undermount, and both require the same cabinet size. The drain is in a different place, but other than that I don't know what the major difference is. Is there one? The Diamond is a little less expensive (yet larger overall), and has the top lip (not sure what to call it) with the one hole. Does that mean it can only be used with certain faucets? I will be undermounting the sink if that matters.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookncarpenter

The Diamond can be a drop in or under mount, while the Precis is under mount only. The Diamond also has a very subtle curve to the top shape, where the Precis is a true rectangle. I'm a symmetrical person, so I chose the Precis with the centered drain, and love it!
There are others who prefer the offset drain, to each his own, and that's likely why they offer a choice, pure personal preference.
I also like the way my faucet centers over the drain...

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 1:37PM
malabacat_gw

Thanks for the info re: shape of the two sinks. I haven't seen them in person, so I'm going off pics on the web and I hadn't noticed one had a subtle curve. And I had never thought about having the faucet centered over the drain. I'm not sure which I'd prefer. And I love your faucet!

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 6:35PM
cookncarpenter

Actually, inside dimensions are very close:
Precis - 17"x30"
Diamond - 16.5" x 30.5"
Both 9.5" deep

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 7:37PM
cal_quail

I've only had my Diamond for less than a week, but I'm loving the off-center drain. It's so big (my old sink was about 2/3 the size) that I end up using the right end as the 'business end' of the sink and the left end as the staging area or the drying area if I quickly wash a couple things.

I haven't put much back under the sink because I want to come up with some kind of organizational scheme. But I know I'll appreciate the off-center stuff underneath. As a bonus, my plumbing happens to be off-set just the same amount. So the angle stops etc. are directly behind the garbage disposal.

I do need to get a dishpan to use for the times I'm not washing a big pot or bowl that I can use as a dishpan, since the thing is just way too big to fill for a few things.

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 8:35PM
More Discussions
Ideas for backsplash???
We are making our way through a kitchen renovation,...
Jessica DeMay
Help design custom sink--mitigating risk
I posted here about the possibility of a marble sink...
crl_
Please help me decide on kitchen wall cab elevations
We have a 10 foot sloped ceiling (10 feet where the...
veroni2413
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
37" or 30" cooktop?
I was planning on a 30" induction cooktop which...
12crumbles
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™