6 burner Kitchaid rangetop or 5 burner Wolf cooktop?

CarmahastonAugust 27, 2013

We are in the middle of a full remodel with new appliances. I love to cook and my dream is a 6 burner professional cooktop. Question is, in trying to save some money we are torn. I really want the 36" Wolf 6 burner rangetop but my husband is pressing me to bring the cost down. The other alternate is the Kitchenaid 6 burner rangetop or even the Thermador (although I'm not a big fan of either and the Thermador is only about $400 cheaper, Kitchaid more like 1k) or a Wolf 5 burner drop in cooktop. The way I see it. The Kitchenaid can be a space saver allowing us to upgrade later since it takes up roughly the same amount of space as the wolf and I can potentially look for one on Craigslist later. On the other hand if I went with the Wolf 5 burner I may be happy but we can't upgrade due to the configuaration of how it "drops" in to the counter.
Would love your thoughts. This is my first posting and I did search on this subject but found very little.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kksmama

I didn't do a lot of searching before choosing my KA 6 burner. It is installed, but not yet hooked up. But one thing I really like is that the granite gets cut in under a flange, so there is no "crud crack". Another thing I like is that my counter run is extra deep at 27" (29" granite), so the rangetop was set back nearly to the wall and nearly flush with the countertop. Here is mine, followed by the floor model which is set in a standard run and protrudes an extra 3+ inches.

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 12:46PM
jellytoast

IMHO, spend the dollars on the things you really love and want, and find ways to cut costs to stay in budget on the things that aren't as important to you. Some things are worth the splurge.

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 3:17PM
deeageaux

Capital Culinarian Series CGRT366 rangetop $3039
No red knobs but optional cranberry knobs

BlueStar RBCT365BSS cooktop ~$2100

Either one has far superior performance to the Wolf.

Remember when getting cooktop you must buy extra countertop, pay for cutout ,and more edging. The extra cabinetry is usually nominal.

Usually granite guys say the cooktop cutout is "free" then are willing to give you a discount if getting range. So effectively they are charging for the cutout.

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 3:43PM
More Discussions
Do upper super Susan shelves obstruct view?
The 42" tall upper corner cabinet was drilled...
tea4all
Feedback on revised kitchen layout
Hello again! After receiving some great feedback for...
kevinhoene
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
My finished kitchen
This is my second kitchen remodeled with the kind assistance...
jerzeegirl
KitchenCraft - will they last a lifetime?
Fell in love with a specific painted door when cruising...
lookintomyeyes83
Sponsored Products
Double-sided Cotton & Foam Youth Twin-size 5-inch Mattress
Overstock.com
Warehouse of Tiffany Pendant Lights Imogene Crystal 5-Light Chrome Pendant N9080
Home Depot
Breville Sous Chef Food Processor
$399.95 | FRONTGATE
Platinum Oak 3-Light Chandelier
PLFixtures
VIG Furniture - Modern Black Leather Sectional Sofa - VGYI957
Great Furniture Deal
Westinghouse Lighting Kits 5-1/4 in. Milky Scavo Bell with 2-1/4 in. Fitter and
$7.97 | Home Depot
Taylor Polished Chrome One-Light Bath Fixture
$99.99 | Bellacor
Blue Mood Abstract Three-Piece Canvas Set