looking for info on a chair rail made of a shelf

nutmegxoNovember 28, 2009

The paint is still drying in my dining room and I am already forging ahead to my living room...LOL...I am thinking about doing a chair rail in there that is higher up on the wall at about 5' high that is made of a shelf. Below is a picture that I found on the internet of what I am looking to do but having trouble finding moulding like this. Does anyone know what this is called when a shelf is used for a chair rail?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I've heard that it's called a 'Plate Rail' ... at least, that's what I called it when I did one years ago.


    Bookmark   November 29, 2009 at 6:58AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

That is several types of molding used to make that shelf. If you print off the photo and take it to a lumber yard or big box store, they can show you the different types that went into it.

    Bookmark   November 29, 2009 at 7:16AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Help coordinating an antique chandelier ?
\\Hello all! I'm working on lighting now...:) I have...
Need help picking out colors for my bedroom
Here is a picture of my very bare room. The vision...
Lighting suggestions for extremely dark kitchen
My first post since site has moved, although I've been...
When do bronze window frames work well in the interior of a home?
I'm replacing single plane aluminum windows. My interior...
Online Furniture Store Question
Has anyone ever purchased from the http://www.the-furniture-store.com...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™