Sink-dish drainer? Help me choose a sink, please.

DancergrlAugust 16, 2013

I have to choose a sink pronto. All the gorgeous pictures of kitchens never show any dish drainers. Do you folks use one side of a double sink to drain your hand washables, etc? What are your solutions?

Also I would also like a sink with capability to drain washed vegies/fruit as well as air dry dishes. Or is there a better solution? I want an undermount, stainless steel sink. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joaniepoanie

If you have a 36" cabinet base I think you have a lot of options....look online at efaucts, faucetsdirect, qualitybath etc..

If you have a 30" inch base (like me) you have fewer options. I just use a colander in the sink to wash/drain veggies/fruits. I have a clear plastic liner tray(the kind a dish drainer sits on) sitting on the counter next to the sink. It's not super noticeable and for us this is a small corner so it is dead space anyway.

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 12:43PM
Holly- Kay

I have a single Kohler Whitehaven apron front sink and love it. I have the stainless steel protector rack so I no longer need a counter top sink drainer as I can allow my dishes to drain right on the in sink rack. I really dug in my heels about going from a double to a single but DD finally convinced me. I am so glad I listened to her! It is the most versatile sink I can imagine.

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 1:04PM
bluetea57

I have a 36 in sink base with a 60/40 double bowl SS undermount sink and I love it. I measured the sink bowls to find one that would fit a small dish drain but I find that the flat rack in the bottom is sufficient and I have never bothered with a drainer. I love the clean look of the counter with no dish drain on it and I like having the smaller sink to dry dishes or rinse something or wash dishes in during holidays. I ended up with the Kraus KBU24 and am very happy with the quality.

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 5:48PM
More Discussions
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
Closet pantry or not?
I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get...
abbabug
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™