Sink-dish drainer? Help me choose a sink, please.

DancergrlAugust 16, 2013

I have to choose a sink pronto. All the gorgeous pictures of kitchens never show any dish drainers. Do you folks use one side of a double sink to drain your hand washables, etc? What are your solutions?

Also I would also like a sink with capability to drain washed vegies/fruit as well as air dry dishes. Or is there a better solution? I want an undermount, stainless steel sink. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joaniepoanie

If you have a 36" cabinet base I think you have a lot of options....look online at efaucts, faucetsdirect, qualitybath etc..

If you have a 30" inch base (like me) you have fewer options. I just use a colander in the sink to wash/drain veggies/fruits. I have a clear plastic liner tray(the kind a dish drainer sits on) sitting on the counter next to the sink. It's not super noticeable and for us this is a small corner so it is dead space anyway.

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 12:43PM
Holly- Kay

I have a single Kohler Whitehaven apron front sink and love it. I have the stainless steel protector rack so I no longer need a counter top sink drainer as I can allow my dishes to drain right on the in sink rack. I really dug in my heels about going from a double to a single but DD finally convinced me. I am so glad I listened to her! It is the most versatile sink I can imagine.

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 1:04PM
bluetea57

I have a 36 in sink base with a 60/40 double bowl SS undermount sink and I love it. I measured the sink bowls to find one that would fit a small dish drain but I find that the flat rack in the bottom is sufficient and I have never bothered with a drainer. I love the clean look of the counter with no dish drain on it and I like having the smaller sink to dry dishes or rinse something or wash dishes in during holidays. I ended up with the Kraus KBU24 and am very happy with the quality.

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 5:48PM
More Discussions
What size are trash pullouts?
I have had three different KDs suggest three diff size...
kelleg69
Specific stacked upper cab questions
I'm looking for input as I get closer to finalizing...
melis918
Shiloh vs. Diamond - Help!
We are in the process of a large remodel of our home....
jalit1013
Odd Shaped Kitchen Remodel
I cross posted this in the Design Dilemma forum, but...
sdp123
Countertops for butlers pantry
We have a wall in pantry that will need countertops...
aktillery9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™