Sequence of DIY Kitchen Reno
I am looking for advice on what sequence I should complete the following tasks (here is my thinking..feel free to comment or modify).
1. Remove cabinet doors and drawers
2. Use Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations to paint cabinet frame, doors, and drawers
3. Install new cabinet hardware
4. Put cabinets and drawers back on
4. Paint kitchen walls
5. Remove old laminate counter top and install new one (professionally done)
I guess my main question is at what point should we paint the kitchen walls. My wife believes that we should remove the countertops early in the process so that we can remove any caulking or prior to painting the kitchen walls. My thinking is painting the walls after everything is done so we can still have a kitchen sink throughout the process because our countertop will not be installed until the end of August.
Any thoughts would be helpful.