Anyone with Friendly Village china?

olivesmomNovember 28, 2012

How white is the background on friendly village? Between Mikasa's Italian Countryside and Antique White, which would coordinate the best?

I ask because I ordered some Christmas scene salad plates to use this holiday season and I need dinner plates to go underneath. I like both antique white and Italian countryside, and after sale and the F&F coupon both 45 pc sets are $150 @ Macys's through the 3rd. My friendly village plates won't arrive before the sale ends, so I need to now which set of "white" plates to get.

I like the antique white because it is porcelain vs the Italian countryside which is stoneware. However, I've also ordered some Spode Woodland and Italian countryside goes much better with it. At some point I might get both sets since I like them both and could always use something in the whiter side, but I can't afford to get both sets right now. Regardless, I need dinner plates asap to use with the friendly village Christmas- which would you go with, antique white or Italian countryside? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EG3d

are you near a Dillards? Or go online and see what price Dillards has on that set. I used to work there and they always beat Macy's prices.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 2:19AM
awm03

I have Friendly Village plates. It's a soft, beige-y, antique white.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 7:53AM
tinam61

I also have friendly village. However, mine are the old ones, made in England. I think they are a bit darker than the new ones.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 8:27AM
olivesmom

Bumping.

Has anyone seen Friendly Village paired with either Mikasa Italian Countryside or Antique White?

I need to pick one tomorrow. Will Italian Countryside be too yellow?

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 4:39PM
Fun2BHere

I don't know which will look better with Friendly Village. However, Friendly Village is so highly patterned on the verge/rim that I think either one will probably work even if it isn't an exact match. Remember, too, that you usually have dimmer light for dinner parties, so any color difference will be less noticeable than it would be in bright sunlight.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 6:25PM
kathie738p

The new (2011)ones are pretty white not cream colored...hope this helps.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 7:26PM
homersmom

I use my Friendly Village and Spode Hunting Dogs salad plates with my Italian Countryside dinner plates. The colors play well together - very close.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 8:16PM
homersmom

Just bumping this up for olivesmom - hope you were able to view this in time to make your decision!

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 6:23PM
olivesmom

Thanks! I went with Italian countryside based on the photos above. I hope my friendly village Christmas plates arrive soon. I can't wait to come up with a place setting using them and the Italian countryside.

Bookmark   December 1, 2012 at 2:22AM
More Discussions
Help! Living room paint colors!!
Hello everyone, I just bought my house and I need help...
fabbyar79
Update on mcm landscaping - slow but sure progress
The concrete patios are in, but still curing. They...
rockybird
Online Furniture Store Question
Has anyone ever purchased from the http://www.the-furniture-store.com...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Check In here, Roll Call
Hello dear friends! Have you made it here ok? Let this...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Do you have a blog?
Not sure what the houzz rules are (snicker at myself...
the_foxes_pad
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™