Swanstone sinks?

chrissyb2411August 31, 2013

Any experience with swanstone granite/ composite sinks? From what I can tell the material is similar to blanco silgranite. I am in love with this sink, and ready to order. It gets great reviews on amazon (aside from shipping damage). Any thoughts?

http://www.efaucets.com/detail.asp?product_id=QZAD-3322-170

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunsoleil

I helped a friend of mine pick out this sink in black. She bought a new condo that came with a lower grade of stainless. She loves the sink. However, she is lives alone and does treat it with whatever they recommended (I am not sure but it might be as simple as oil.) She ordered it from Amazon and had no problem with delivery.
I had a granite Swanstone sink in my last house and loved it.

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 3:13PM
skyedog

I put in a Swanstone composite granite sink several years ago and really like it. I did not know you were supposed to treat it with something but I don't have any problems and it gets used a lot (family with teenagers). I bought mine from a regular plumb supply store and they never said anything.

Have you checked on being able to buy it locally? Mine was cheaper that way plus they worked with the countertop fabricators so I never had to take possession of the sink. It was delivered the day it was installed.

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 3:40PM
SwanCorp

Hi chrissyb2411,

Below is a link to a list of locations where Swan products are available, if you're interested in buying locally or seeing the product in person before purchasing.

We're here to help, if you've got additional questions! Just email us at help@swanstone.com and we'll get you all fixed up.

Hope this helps!

Chelsie H.
Swan Social Media Manager

Here is a link that might be useful: Where to Buy Swan Products

Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 11:50AM
SwanCorp

Also, with Swanstone or any natural stone sinks, it is a good idea to wipe them down regularly with something like mineral oil or WeimanâÂÂs Granite Cleaner and Polish. Products like these put a protective barrier on the sink guarding it from the minerals in the water which if allowed to build up over time can cause a hazy spotted appearance.

Good luck!

Chelsie
Swan Social Media Manager

Here is a link that might be useful: Swan Website

Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 1:10PM
More Discussions
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
help with kitchen layout
Thoughts on this kitchen layout? What do you think...
Leigh-Ann Draheim
Terracotta versus porcelain versus ???? for floors
Would love to have input on what to use for the floor....
sayde
Review our Kitchen Remodel
We are starting our first kitchen remodel and I wanted...
miraspasov
How to deal with high contractor bids based on your location?
In a way, I'm echoing what beachem is saying about...
andyscott
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™