Best place to buy area rugs--online or otherwise?

gmnolenNovember 12, 2011

We are replacing the carpet in our master with hardwood. However, I would like an area rug so my feet will land on something soft when they hit the floor each morning. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pollyannacorona

Hi, I have purchased items from homedecorators . com. They have lots of rugs. I am currently looking as well, their prices are very good. Not sure if your looking for high end. They are owned by Home depot so their customer service is good, not a fly by night operation so you dont need to worry about online ordering. Ive had good luck with potterybarn also, have 2 rugs for 6 years now and the ones from homedecorators held up for over 10 so far. Horchow and Macys have online rugs too. Sometimes your local carpet stores have rugs also, and today I was looking at pier one and homegoods. Not finding just what I want. I may just go get a precut short pile area rug until I find just what I want. Its a low cost alternative til I find something thats just right. Good luck to you.

Bookmark   November 12, 2011 at 9:13PM
gsciencechick

RugsUSA
HomeDecorators
Overstock (found out some of the HomeDecorators rugs are on Overstock)
JCPenney
RugandHome (Carolinas-based brick & mortar & online)

Bookmark   November 12, 2011 at 9:17PM
auntjen

If you do order online, make sure you're ok with shipping charges both ways, should you need to return a rug. (Some online companies do offer free shipping.) I'm out close to $60 in shipping/return costs on a small rug I recently ordered from Homedecorators.com for my bath. What they sent to me in no way resembled the rug pictured online, and I'm miffed at having to eat the costs. I'm much more cautious about online rug ordering now.

Bookmark   November 13, 2011 at 7:57PM
gsciencechick

Good point, Auntjen. The JCP rugs I ordered I was able to return to the store for no charge (also had free shipping promotion), but the one from RugsUSA that shipped free to me I had to pay $30 return shipping. I got a return label and had to drop it off at a UPS store. The other ones were from a store about 45 min away, so I did have to eat some gas money doing rug trials.

Bookmark   November 13, 2011 at 8:09PM
Mom2BoysWisconsin

Linda Dano has some nice rugs on QVC. The prices are great! I bought one for the dining area in my kitchen. It sees LOTS of action and is holding up great.

Here is a link that might be useful: Linda Dano Rugs QVC

Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 3:16PM
jnnasry34

I purchased amy bulter rugs from http://www.domesticmodern.com, I got free shipping. I would use again.

Bookmark   December 23, 2011 at 8:07PM
pharaoh

I have bought all of my handknotted orientals on ebay. Awesome deals, great quality, unlimited choice. You cannot get color accuracy but I have not been disappointed.

Bookmark   December 23, 2011 at 8:14PM
clubcracker

I've gotten them lately from Overstock and been very happy with the quality price and service.

Bookmark   December 24, 2011 at 12:05AM
More Discussions
What is this called?
I am trying to search out sectionals that have this...
RoseAbbey
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - I hate it!!
I'm painting a few pieces of furniture for my daughters...
aggierose
Help with window treatments
Hi, we put in new living room windows, and now I need...
marbelle21
Is this legit? RH law suit. You get this ?
This came on email. I suspect it's bogus, but thought...
martinca_gw
House exterior - cedar siding alternative?
I love the look of horizontal cedar slats, and would...
juno_barks
Sponsored Products
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs Couderay Lime 3 ft.
Home Depot
Mesa 6 Natural Rectangular: 5 ft. x 8 ft. Rug
$279.00 | Bellacor
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs Sarah Ivory 8 ft.
Home Depot
Indoor/ Outdoor Grey Retro Rug (7'10 x 10'10)
Overstock.com
Minnesota State University - Mankato Football Oval: 2 Ft. 9 In. x 1 Ft. 8 In. Ru
$27.95 | Bellacor
Hand-loomed Solid Pattern Grey/ Black Rug (8' x 10')
Overstock.com
Dynamic Rugs Fantasia 1708 Red Heart Kids Area Rug - FAHE331708300
$119.99 | Hayneedle
Wildflowers Coco Door Mat - 36" x 72"
$179.00 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™