Costco Bamboo Sheets

tammy518November 29, 2011

Has anyone ever tried the bamboo sheets from Costco? I love the softness of Egyptian cotten sheets and have been using those for years. I tried some bamboo sheets from Bed Bath & Beyond a few years back, but they pilled like crazy after one washing, so I'm wondering if the Costco ones would do that too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Costco Bamboo Sheets

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lascatx

I had some from Target that we loved, but I haven't tried them from Costco. Costco does stand behind what they sell though. I'd give them a try.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 1:30AM
sombreuil_mongrel

Don't know about them; I have a set of the ones (name escapes me) made from beech-wood fibers, and love them. They are very satiny but not cold. Kind of velvety, too. Looked it up, they are called "Modal".
Casey

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 10:33AM
tammy518

I just looked up the Modal ones, and overall they got a good rating, but a few people did mention pilling and ripping at seams. sombreuil, you've not had that problem?

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 11:44AM
gail618

I LOVE the Target bamboo sheets - was so disappointed that they stopped selling them. They are my favorite sheets and were so reasonably priced.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 1:25PM
lemonlime

I also adore my bamboo sheets from Target. I would love to get my hands on another set just like them, and would give the Costco sheets a try if they had them in white/king, which they DON'T, darn it. So easy to return to Costco if they aren't good quality.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 2:47PM
lascatx

I went back to try to get another set of the bamboo sheets at Target and they were gone. I don't think they sold very well -- not sure the average Target sheet shopper knew that bamboo was a good thing. More folks have heard of bamboo cutting boards, utensils and flooring -- none of which sound like something you'd want to sleep on, but they were soft and silky. I don't normally buy linens at Target, except for jersey sheets for the boys, but those were great.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 3:04PM
tammy518

That's too bad that the Target bamboo sheets aren't available. They sound wonderful.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 4:50PM
mustangs81

I also loved bamboo sheets and was disappointed that Target no longer has them. I did find some at Tuesday Morning but after looking closely, they were only 20% bamboo so be careful. Same with towels, I love bamboo towels (so soft) but you have to be careful of the % of bamboo.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 5:20PM
Debra1056

I don�t know the science behind it, and I don�t care. I now use Bedvoyage sheets, duvets, couch blankets and towels. It is amazing. They are soooo soft, so comfy, and they just feel right. I've not experienced the pilling as described.

Bookmark   January 25, 2012 at 2:11PM
KiraDesign

I live in Canada and haven't seen 100% bamboo in any stores. But found this:

www.bedandbamboo.com

Anyone here tried these? They seem nice.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bed and Bamboo

Bookmark   January 23, 2013 at 3:00PM
More Discussions
Dove soap users...
Have you noticed they made the bar soap smaller? I...
SheeshareeII
This is why you don't pick paint colours off the internet
This photo has been circulating the internet today....
amberm145
Help me style my living room!
I have no idea what to pair with this tan couch. I...
homestyles2
where to buy a high quality leather recliner
We need to replace our queen ann, high leg recliner....
Lynn Owens
Help me find a powder room paint color
My painter is here fixing another problem (sheetrock,...
tfitz1006
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™