Pulls & Handles: A HAAAAAA!

CEFreemanAugust 23, 2012

I want these:

They're from the Pottery Barn's Printer Collection.

I've whipped off an email to them, but in the meanwhile, does anyone know where to find these?

I realize this type is pretty simple, and commonly found, but you know how something will have just a little different line, or join, or screw position and it'll speak to you?

Well....

TIA!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
35ftcabo

Where did you see them? My husband's cousin works for PB, but if I could give her some more info, it might help.

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 9:46AM
CEFreeman

Where did I see them?

Well, that picture is from their site, the collection is also in their catalog, pieces are in the store...

Is that what you mean?
Thank you for trying to work a connection!

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 10:11AM
breezygirl

Except for the finish, they look identical to the RH Aubrey pull to me. But, its the finish that sets them apart. Beautiful!

Here is a link that might be useful: Aubrey pulls without rustic finish

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 11:22AM
breezygirl
    Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 11:30AM
breezygirl

My eyes are more clear now from my colonoscopy-prep drinking nausea to see the slight construction differences between the PB pull and the RH pull. I love the PB even more than my Aubreys. Hope you can source them and get your hands on them, Christine!

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 11:38AM
CEFreeman

I'll do my best!
Thanks!

A funny story. Now it's funny, anyway.
You know that stuff you're supposed to drink and stay near the ... facilities?

I didn't know 1) that it needed to be diluted, 2) that it worked really fast, and 3) that you needed to be near the facilities.

I was trying to follow the clean-out schedule carefully, so at 4:00 pm on my way home from work, I knocked that stuff back in the car.

I was later so grateful I didn't get stuck in Washington, DC rush hour traffic, because I BARELY made it home, up the stairs and into the ... facilities. And I mean barely.

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 12:33PM
springroz

Glad you made it , that's pretty funny! I can see Breezy's picture, but not yours, and when I go to PB, I cannot see their pictures....maybe I'm on suspension......

Want to see them, though!!

Nancy

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 1:40PM
CEFreeman

Nancy, you can right click on my pic up there and get the link. It's stolen from the PB page.

I can see them all, so I think it's personal. You should make a stink.
(It could be fun.)

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 3:09PM
1929Spanish

Pottery Barn bought Rejuvenation, which has repro hardware and lighting. I did a quick check and didn't see anything like it. If these pulls came off a piece of furniture, they might not be available by themselves.

I also went to www.antiquehardware.com thinking I had ordered from them before. I got routed to www.vandykes.com and it looks like they had a ton of pulls. I haven't ordered from them (still need to figure out where I did order), but maybe they have something good.

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 7:41PM
CEFreeman

Hmm..

I have been to vandyke's a million times, but never looking for these pulls. They have a fantastic selection.

The fact they're on furniture is probably a problem. With any luck, 35ftcabo will have more information! :)

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 8:42PM
pharaoh

$1 each including shipping...

Here is a link that might be useful: lot

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 8:48PM
CEFreeman

I wonder if this might be it.
I think PB's is thinner. A bit more delicate.
What do you think?

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 9:10PM
CEFreeman

Oh, no!
Here's another. I wish I could get a better angle on these. I might have to order some to compare!

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 9:14PM
CEFreeman

pharoah, those are SO close, too!
Can't beat the price. I'm going to have to hold on to that auction. Thank you!

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 9:31PM
oldbat2be

Love them! Breezy, I remember you wanted these from the start... they're lovely. (OT - you're way too young for the procedure. Hopefully just a screening of some sort? I remember the hilarity in our household when I described to DS and DD what the procedure involved when DH went through this...my apologies for the frivolty but at heart I have the sense of humor of an 11 year old...).

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 9:38PM
springroz

Wonder how many of these they have on the floor at PB stores? You could take a screwdriver......

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 9:41PM
CEFreeman

I have about 8 pages open right now with this type of handle. None are quite as delicate.

Nancy, you have to know that already crossed my mind.
I think I could go to jail for that, though.

[muttering] Hmmm.. gotta find someone to provide a distraction!

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 10:12PM
breezygirl

Christine--the PB ones are delicate. Thats what I like about them even over my Aubreys.

Oldbat--yes, too young. A genetic condition runs in my paternal family causing colon, pancreatic (what my dad just died of), prostate, endometrium, and ovarian cancer. I haven't been tested yet, but have been having unusual symptoms since spring when my dad's cancer was diagnosed and just a few weeks ago realized it wasn't stress. My colonoscopy was clear so now we move on to checking the female parts to see what's causing my pain. TMI! My procedure prep required no fresh fruit and veg since Friday night, and boy did the cantaloup ever taste good tonight!

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 11:34PM
springroz

Glad to hear THAT part is OK, Breezy!

Christine, I hope PB will help you find those pulls. They seem to be much finer than any cabinet hardware.

Nancy

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 8:13AM
CEFreeman

I hope all is going to come out clean, too, Breezy!
One good thing about all these tests is they reassure when they do come out fine. It's like you can cross something off the list and worry about the next thing. I'm surprised you took your face out of the cantaloupe to bother to write. I'd be slurping it down.

I'm heading down to my CF (reuse place) today. I think I remember some pulls in the antique place that looked like this. I think what put me off was they were $25 for 4. I admit, if they're like these it's worth it. If they're not, I'm moving on to pharoah's find! Or, I'll wait. I often find what I want when I just slow down and wait.

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 9:37AM
BalTra

Not as beautifully rustic, but I like these from Horton Brass:
From Ideas

From Horton Brass
Also from Horton Brass, their wrought iron:
From Ideas

Very rustic, I like the stuff these guys at Mountain Stream Forge make:
From Ideas

Anne At home Apothecary pull, pewter:
From Ideas

The above are all "Made in the USA" found via earlier GW discussion of same.

Here is a link that might be useful: GW pulls made in the USA

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 10:47AM
young-gardener

You might search sash lifts, too. They tend to be a bit more delicate, thoug the lengths will be limited.

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 11:19AM
breezygirl

Thanks for the good wishes, Nancy and Christine. I did feel like I checked one problem off the list yesterday. Today I'm off to peruse the next one on the list. And eat lots of fruit. And kiss my kids. :)

The Bakes pull, the first of those posted by Baltra, is gorgeous. I entered my unfinished kitchen in the Horton Brasses contest just to try to win a kitchen full of them as I could never have afforded $44 just for the 4" pull. And I wanted much longer pulls for most of my drawers. Cha----ching!!

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 11:23AM
CEFreeman

young-gardener!
I just started searching sash pulls last night.
I remembered when I was entertaining the idea of cup or bin pulls, looking at window hardware offered a lot of variety!

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 4:00PM
breezygirl

When I was posting about my lust for the RH Aubrey pulls, someone likened them to sash pulls so I went on an all-out hunt in that direction thinking I could find some cheaper than the Aubrey. The problem was I couldn't find any with enough size variation to fit my drawer stacks. I wanted 6", 8", and a few 4". Sash pulls commonly come in 4" lengths. That may work for you!

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 4:22PM
CEFreeman

Well, PB confirmed my fear: The handles are not available separately. Whom in China should I write? [LOL] I'll buy!

Well, I'm going to keep shopping and comparing. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks for the help!
Christine

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 10:06AM
mtnfever

"pulling" haha from breezy's sash pull idea, these are not as delicate as the PB but definitely available. I couldn't quite tell if these were the same as what you already found and posted, sorry.

Stanley 75-5884 Antique Brass Sash Pull $2.29

Schlage Lock SPS026MB-609 1-1/8 By 4 Inch Antique Brass Window Bar Lift $5.99

hth

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 1:33PM
CEFreeman

Hmmm!
Those Stanley's speak to me.
I think I might have to order a few.
Thanks for not giving up for me. :)

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 1:46PM
springroz

I like the sashes, too! I bet you could get a better screw to fit in them than than the cabinet pull, too.

Nancy

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 2:10PM
breezygirl

Oohhh, Mtnfever! Love those Stanleys! I remember looking at those. So nice and square.

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 6:43PM
a2gemini

And I liked the Schlage also
I think the style is perfect for your kitchen - I haven't had time to hunt but I like the concept!
Keep searching - they will pop!!!

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 8:18PM
CEFreeman

Hey!!!!

Look what I found!
What do you think. It isn't as delicate, but I'm still looking.
So far, I'm really into the Stanley handles above (as a substitute) but I saw these on a boat photo and tracked them down:

What do you think?
and

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 11:37PM
breezygirl

I can see why you like them. One screw is unexpected. Good sleuthing!

I still prefer the original. :)

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 1:59AM
a2gemini

Nice! I think they will look great!
See if they will send a sample to feel. I thought I found my perfect handles and when the samples arrived, I was disappointed. They were rough and not what I expected.
Also verify their return policy. ( Copper mountain - i think that was the name of the company, charged a 28% re-stocking fee but you had to read the fine print to find it. The sad thing is they are made locally but didn't allow pick up)

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 6:16AM
CEFreeman

a2gemini, I will.
I did buy some from eBay that pharoah had posted (here, if they're still up) which looked nice. Unfortunately, they were very light to the point of flimsy and wrapped metal. The open seam on the back is an awful feel. For $1.00, though? Worth a shot. Oh - and those antiques were still in their plastic bag.

I sure wish those first ones were available. They're probably somewhere in Asia on everything and we just can't get to them. [LOL]

Now I'm debating between the pretty Stanley ones above, or these. Who would have thought of boat hardware, or that it would be different!?

I'll also check out Copper Mountain!

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 9:51AM
More Discussions
WAC vs. Seagull vs. Kichler or what else - "best" LED UCL
can someone please help/advise i feel like a fish out...
lmgch
What does this tile say to you?
I am still in the planning stages of a small, U-shaped...
kelleg69
Kitchen design assistance - Small kitchen
I have a 12x13 foot kitchen with way too many entry...
schuste1
Question for those who have Painted Conestoga Cabinets?
Curious if you went with mdf or paint grade center...
aries61
Need advice on how to remodel this corner of kitchen
Hi all Just purchased a home and does not have budget...
strikeraj
Sponsored Products
Shooting Arrow Drawer Pull
| Dot & Bo
Homelegance Alyssa 6 Drawer Dresser in White
Beyond Stores
52" Fanimation Edgewood Satin Nickel Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Green Market Basket
$11.99 | zulily
Pablo Link Wall Lamp - Pablo Designs
$365.00 | HORNE