Can one "plan" for filtration system?

eleenaAugust 5, 2013

If I have everything else, including a filtration faucet, but cannot choose the system, can I have it all installed and then add the filtration?

Shouldn't be easy b/c under-sink filters can be retro-fit, right?

If the plumber installs a diverter for the cold water supply and the countertop fabricator drills a hole for the faucet, would we be able to hook up the filter ourselves later?

I know it would be better to do it all at once but life with one small sink and without a DW has become torturous and I am still debating RO vs. other filtration and don't have time right now for additional research b/c of the job pressures. :-( :-)

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

I think so. I'd get the specs for the largest you've considered (RO probably?) and be sure it'd fit and that you have suitable electric and stuff. Be sure you have the measurements on the different faucets so you know that the counter hole won't be in a bad spot...

People retrofit these things often. The worst scenario is that you need to hire a plumber and getting the kitchen done NOW will totally make that an acceptable price.

At least that's what I think.

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 12:08PM
debrak2008

What is your foundation? If you go with RO it doesn't have to be in your sink cabinet it can be below in the crawlspace or the basement.

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 12:32PM
kksmama

I think you have less to lose buying something and having it professionally installed now. Otherwise I suspect you'll have an unnecessary hole in your new counters for quite some time. If you get something (I already suggested Costco) and hate it, you can exchange it.

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 1:43PM
cookncarpenter

Yes, you can install the faucet now, and hook up the filter later. You also might consider running a line from under the sink to your ice maker, if you have one, for future hook up.

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 2:03PM
More Discussions
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
How many cabinet estimates do you get?
Uggh, I tried to search but am giving up. We are considering...
najames
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
What does it take to become a kitchen designer?
I know there were posts on the subject several years...
sjerin
Has anyone heard of/used Hominter?
Our new house build is proceeding and while we haven't...
beckysharp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™