Dura Supreme vs Designers Choice Cabinets

ljsandlerAugust 17, 2013

So the KD I am working with sells Dura Supreme and Designers Choice Cabinets, She priced them both out and Designers Choice were more reasonable. Has anyone used or know anything about Designers Choice? If so, what has your experience been?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ellendi

Can you see actual drawers and cabinets of each? i can only vouch for Dura Supreme. They are excellent quality cabinets.
When you open a drawer, you can actually see how well and sturdy they are made.

Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 12:35PM
matti5

I have had alot of issues with my Dura Supreme cabinets. Out of 40 doors and drawers, 29 have been replaced and out of those replacements 15 had the same issues. The doors were not properly sanded before factory paint (off white) so there are dust and saw dust particles at every miter. The miters did not line up as well. The factory rep and my KD came out immediately after installation and said they had never seen the issues that I had. He took pics and Dura Supreme agree to replace. My KD sent out a refinisher to fix the issues on the 3rd set of doors and drawers. I have also noticed that the paint finish is coming off on some drawers. My cabinets are not even a year old yet. I do alot of cooking and baking and I feel like I have to use extra caution around these cabinets. My old cabinets took a beating and still looked great after 25 years. I often wonder if quality control was on vacation when my cabinets left the wharehouse. I don't understand how that many got past someone.

Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 1:10PM
ljsandler

Wow-- Thanks for the input--funny how the responses are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I would really be interested to know if anyone has used Designers Choice cabs.

Thanks!

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 2:31PM
More Discussions
thoughts about Grabill and/ or Superior Woodcraft kitchen cabinets
Hi, everyone. Does anyone here have experience with...
katherine10583
What do you think of leathered surfaces? and why?
So I did my first foray into a granite yard today....
lawjedi
Large cove moulding?
I am looking for large cove moulding. I can't find...
brodyt
WAC vs. Seagull vs. Kichler or what else - "best" LED UCL
can someone please help/advise i feel like a fish out...
lmgch
Why is a backsplash so hard to choose?
Got the counters in place today...love my Taj Mahal...
ssg7741
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™