Help with Faucet Choice for Soapstone

Evan ThomasAugust 17, 2013

Hi there. I just finalized a soapstone countertop and sink order that will sit on Shiloh shaker style platinum color cabs in a casual farmhouse style setting. But I cannot settle on a faucet. I want a pulldown. The sink will be pretty large, as big as they can fit in a 30" sink cabinet. I think it's very hard to change out the faucet once it's in there, so I am looking for something that will last. Have a Kohler Simplice in the old setup, but we've had to replace the head 1x in the 2 years we have had it (but otherwise great). Hoping for better. Many thanks for any suggestions or success stories!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
neitsdelf

Waterston's PLP or gantry or,best, gantry+articulating arm? These are all pretty pricey choices--but they should last.

Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 3:26PM
Evan Thomas

I should have mentioned budget! I need to stay under $500. I love the waterstone, just beautiful and I don't dare go see one in person for fear or changing my mind on budget.

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 8:05AM
enduring

Can you post how the sink and counter are related to each other? It is hard to visualize what kind of faucet without the layout.

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 9:30AM
CEFreeman

How weird.
You know how you'll say a word that's not necessarily in my volcabulary and the TV or radio will say it?

I am watching I Hate My Kitchen.
Just as I was reading this, they installed soapstone countertops and said, "Perfect for rolling out your dough."

Oh, my!

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 1:21PM
snookums2

"I am watching I Hate My Kitchen"

lol.

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 1:25PM
rubymlk22

Actually a faucet is one of the easier kitchen items to change out. (Compared to counters, cabinets, floors, etc.). Suggest you find a Moen or Delta pull-down that you like and go with that. Both are reliable brands, they stand behind their products, and will work with your budget. If you find a few styles you like, share that info here and I'm sure you'll get plenty of help making the selection.

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 8:40PM
Evan Thomas

Ended up with the Moen 7565ss over a similar looking hansgrohe after browsing a well stocked Ferguson showroom that pretty much had everything out on display. Thx for the input. The Moen felt and looked great.

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 7:14AM
More Discussions
Granite Install Advice, Which Support System is Better?
Which of these two mechanical support systems would...
athomesewing
New Caesarstone Frosty Carrina & London Gray light marble looks
It seems these aren't in the states as yet but they...
blondelle
Compatible island hood for Whirlpool inline blower
Hi all, new poster here. I am about to renovate my...
sentron
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Why are my granite edges lighter than the top?
Perhaps some of you recall my ordeal with my kitchen...
pumpkinhouse
Sponsored Products
Organizer Home Office Desk
Overstock.com
Corinthian Coco Entry Mat - 30" x 48"
$99.50 | FRONTGATE
Prop Light Round Floor Lamp by Moooi
$3,966.00 | Lumens
Great Plains Rug 8' x 10' - CREAM
$2,589.00 | Horchow
Broan-Nutone Granville Tri-View 3-Light 24W x 30H in. Surface Mount Medicine Cab
$183.99 | Hayneedle
Walker Leather Sofa - Brighton Ciment Gray
Joybird Furniture
Reverb Premium Office Chair in Green
$299.00 | LexMod
Black & Blue Salad Pack
$9.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™