Layout question - please help!!

julie1973August 6, 2014

I don't know if it's "normal" to go back and forth so many times with the architect, but I feel like we've gone through so many drawings - I just want to get it right! So, we have a u-shaped perimeter with 48" range at the bottom of the U and center island perpendicular. The sink and dw are on the left and fridge on the right. The DW is at the end of the sink run, closer to the range, with an easy reach corner cab before the end. Right now, there is 51" of space between the end of the island and the range. Is this too much? I cook alone most of the time. I am thinking the space is there to clear the DW on the left, but there is still more room than that. I am thinking it is far to pull things out of the oven and place on the counter,and that we should make it 48. Will that make a difference? Any input would be appreciated!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SuziKD

51" isn't too much, 48" isn't too little. Calculate the size of the range door itself. If it's about 24", when it's open that gives you just a bit over 2' to maneuver items in and out of the oven comfortably. It works.

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 8:49AM
julie1973

Thanks suzi. In looking at the wolf specs online, it states that the door clearance is 19" (if I understand correctly - but there is also a diagram in which it looks like its 28" but that seems huge!).

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 9:01AM
julie1973

Actually - door clearance is 19.5".

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 9:08AM
beechtreelane

OK I think my drawing is way worse than the layout the cabinet guy gave me. But heck I'm going to try it! Thanks for any ideas.

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 12:45PM
More Discussions
Dishwasher placement: 36" or 12" from the sink???
I have seen several pix of DW been placed NOT next...
eleena
Crack in Quartz countertop
I purchased my Quartz countertop 7 months ago and I...
avsheth2002
White Kitchens & Two Tone Kitchens?
Even though I know I sound very indecisive (sorry),...
annaw_123
Color difference Benjamin Moore Regal Select versus Regal Classic
We've been using Benjamin Moore Regal Classic semi...
donaleen
So confused!!
Okay kind people I need assistance as I am overwhelmed...
Susan McGoldrick-Meerdink
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™