Back Splash Tile

Jo396August 31, 2013

Perplexing time, trying to choose backsplash, I would like 3 x 6 subway. Antique white cabinets, all bisque appliances and sink, Wilsonart Winter Carnival HD countertops, 20 X 20 light beige cream floor tile (which show's up more yellow than it is). Im afraid "biscuit" subway would be much of the same, but white being too much of a contrast. Best picture I could add to show the countertop.
Any and all suggestions are appreciated, we are on a limited budget also. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ellendi

A light taupe then?

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 9:22AM
joaniepoanie

Agree with ellendi...pick one of the tones from the counter..dark enough to contrast with the white cabinets but not too dark, with maybe an accent inset or strip of the darker tones to tie it together, but not necessary.

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 12:06PM
cheryleb

Hi. I posted on the general decorating forum about my backsplash install today. It was suggested that I post here since my granite has similar colors to your counter and I have white cabinets.

Here it is. I will post later when it is finished.

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 2:05PM
firstmmo

I really like cheryl's backsplash...very nice choice of grayish taupe. There are also some off-white subways but they might be moer expensive than the regular white.

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 11:56PM
Holly- Kay

Jo, I really like your counters and cabs. I think Cheryl's tile would also be a good choice for your kitchen. Best wishes!

HK

Bookmark   September 1, 2013 at 12:29PM
Jo396

Thanks all, I too like Cheryl's backsplash, especially since they are larger,appearing to be 4 X 12?? Have thought about going with a darker color from the countertop, will give it more thought. Our kitchen is not totally open to the rest of the house, so that may make it appear dark, and I prefer, bright, fresh and clean looking. Have almost settled on white, for the main reason, there is a slight contrast, and if our bisque appliances ever die, white is the "new" color.

Bookmark   September 1, 2013 at 3:16PM
More Discussions
A different way to deal with the blind corner issue
I think this would require a very specific place to...
raenjapan
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
General Contractor bid excessive?
I'm doing a forced remodel due to a flood and handling...
beachem
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™