Did your painted cabs have finish blemishes?

SophiePWAugust 5, 2014

Our painted Brookhaven cabinets just arrived. Right now I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed by the quality of the workmanship. Several of the doors and cabinet corners have slight scuffs in the paint. This is particularly annoying when they're upper cabs at eye-level. I've also noticed tiny nicks in the MDF (fortunately in places that will be hidden once installed). Still... for the hefty price of Brookhaven, I expected so much more. (Our old IKEA cabinets aren't seeming so bad!)

Has anyone else had this experience? Did your painted cabs and doors look perfect upon arrival?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

Kitchens and sausage should not be looked at closely during the process of being made. Minor issues will be addressed by your installer with the touch up kit before it's finished.

Painted cabinets DO show the minor marks from assembly and installation more than wood cabinets do. They also show normal wear and tear of use more. You have to be OK with that, both from the beginning, and with living with it in the future.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 9:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nosoccermom

Yes, and I have to say that I should have insisted on more door/drawer fronts being replaced because of dings and chips. The touch up kit paint discolored after a while and was way less chip proof than the original paint.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 12:37PM
More Discussions
Faucet Finish
So, I've done many searches, and read dozens of GW...
Carrie B
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
Please help me find an eco-friendly black-and-white floor!?
After more years than I care to admit, we are finally...
dawdlinmama
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
laughablemoments
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™