Who modified an Ikea cabinet with a "proper" trash pullout?

staceyneilAugust 16, 2013

I am sorry, I can't recall. For a client I once used a Rev-A-Shelf inner unit to make a trash pullout where the slides are door-mounted and near the top. I'm wondering what other mods people have done that might not be as expensive. My mom is on a tight budget! It's a 15" cabinet and I'm hoping to get 2 bins in there, trash and recycle.

Stacey

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunsoleil

I just installed the single version of this. I wanted the double, but it was a half inch too large because the pipes were in the way. The slides work well and there were only four screws on the bottom, so it installed in minutes (the screws were included, though it indicated they were not.)
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Knape-Vogt-18-75-in-x-14-38-in-x-22-57-in-In-Cabinet-Pull-Out-Trash-Can-PSW15-2-35-R-P/202808806#.Ug4lm5KTjO4

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 9:19AM
numbersjunkie

I think most people just get a deep drawer from Ikea and mount it near the floor. The door front is then mounted to the drawer so its a pullout, The key will be finding trash cans the right size to allow you to fit 2 cans - no matter what
product you use. Its easy for an 18 inch cabinet but 15 is a little small for 2 cans.

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 10:03AM
dee850

We have a 15" Ikea pullout cabinet and did as numbersjunkie said - deep drawer at the bottom with a 24" high door attached on front. There's a shallow drawer at the top. We have both trash and recycling in there, but I think some folks would find our bins smaller than they'd like. The slides being at the bottom have been no issue at all.

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 12:14AM
More Discussions
Aditya Industries Stainless Steel Sink
Anyone ever heard of Aditya Industries as a supplier...
burbmomoftwo
Kitchen window or no?
We are planning our new home. I am a difficult time...
kymberie
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™