I found 2 inches in kitchen! Where to put it?

2LittleFishiesAugust 15, 2012

We have 2 extra " and I'm wondering if I should put in the aisle where seating will be to make it 53" cab to cab....

OR put it into the back of the island for storage b/c I took 2" from there a couple of weeks ago (to gain aisle space) making the storage 10" instead of 12".

I don't know if that little 2 belongs in that diagram at middle of island, but I know for sure the island is 49" wide including 1" over hang of counter on each side. The overhang is 13 + 1 + 14"

thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beekeeperswife

If this means that there is a cabinet in the island that is only 10" deep now and you are planning to store things like extra glasses, vases and pitchers it will be fine, however if you have any thoughts of putting any extra dishes in there, you might want to add the 2" there. I would rather increase the cabinets if I felt that I had enough room for seating already, which I think you do. Just my vote.

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 7:38AM
desertsteph

I agree. It'll give you more options in what you can store there. Doesn't look like anything with a large door needs to open behind the seating area so you probably are fine with that.

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 8:16AM
2LittleFishies

Thanks, I've been so concerned with seating space as I do not want to be cramped. However, maybe 12" would be more usable for back of island storage. I'm not really sure what's going in there yet.

Still open to other's thoughts of course! : )

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 8:28AM
2LittleFishies

last call : )

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 9:52PM
2LittleFishies

My overhang is 14" maybe I should put an inch on that to make it 15" and an inch in the back storage to make that 11"...

Bookmark   August 16, 2012 at 7:09AM
More Discussions
Ikeafans website has closed down
I know that the Ikeafans website was seeded by gardenweb,...
scrappy25
New Layout Help Please
Here's a first go of a new layout. We eat many meals...
sebandninasmom
Do you like your Viscont White granite counters?
Like so many others, I lust over Calcutta gold marble...
Nan57
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™