Zephyr- specifically Tilt

cardinal94August 25, 2013

Building new house that has simple, contemporary lines. Really like the Zephyr Tilt based only on pictures. It isn't on display in any showroom in our area.

Anyone have one? Do you like?

We first liked the Zephyr Horizon, but concerned about keeping it clean.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

It's a giant joke as far as function goes. Which if you don't cook, you probably don't care about. If you cook, you want something with actual capture area and enough fan to move all of those cooking vapors out of your house away from your walls and furniture.

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 11:50AM
plumberry

i'm a little surprised at hollysprings reply especially considering the price... I thought zephyr is one of the better brands for hoods as far as quality and performance. I'm planning to get the zephyr genova under cabinet based on a kitchen designer's recommendation. hmmm.

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 12:59PM
akcorcoran

We have the Zephyr Monsoon II for our under the cabinet vent for our Thermador Pro 36" Rangetop. Needed that level of venting for the professional rangetop.

It is fantastic - and relatively quiet unless you put it on the highest setting. Has a handy little remote for the lights and fan as well so no reaching up above your cooking food. We bought it on recommendation of our local family-owned appliance store over several other competitors and are really pleased.

So, I'm not sure any issues with other models but Zephyr is well respected in the industry.

Good luck!

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 2:28PM
buehl

While Zephyr in general may have decent range hoods, the Tilt model's design is not a very good design for true venting. It looks more like a hood designed for modern looks, not functionality - probably for a high-end, modern kitchen in an urban setting where the owners don't cook but want a "cool" looking hood. Whether that's the intent, I don't know, but that's the impression I got when I saw it.

To adequately vent, you need a capture area directly overhead with a "cup' that captures the fumes/smoke/odors/etc. and "holds" them while the fan pulls them out.

I don't see how this design could work in a working kitchen.

That, I suspect, is what HollySprings was getting at.

It's your decision as to whether to get it, but look at it realistically (without the "cool gadget/look" eyes) and decide from there.

Good luck!

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 4:19PM
cardinal94

We decided not to get the Tilt. We DO cook and we DO like contemporary design. We became concerned about the capture area and the strong design statement. Just afraid we might get tired of it over time. We've ordered the Cache instead.

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 8:16AM
More Discussions
Does this butler pantry addition add or detract from my kitchen?
My midcentury home has a very open plan and lots of...
rockybird
Old, Deep Cast Iron Sink or New Sink? I can't decide
Hello, would love to hear from those of you who have...
Cindy McMahon
almost done & sharing banquette pics
Dh and I are on the "who knows when" plan...
lawjedi
Feedback on revised kitchen layout
Hello again! After receiving some great feedback for...
kevinhoene
Curava countertops?
I was wondering if anyone has experience with Curava...
katlynn719
Sponsored Products
Area Rug: Fleur-De-Lis Ivory 7' 7" x 10' 10"
Home Depot
Holtkoetter Olde Bronze Halogen Torchiere Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
24" Houston Rectangular Tilting Mirror
Signature Hardware
Waterproof Red LED Neon, by the Meter
EnvironmentalLights.com
Commercial Electric Recessed Lighting 3 in. Brushed Copper Bronze Recessed
$13.57 | Home Depot
Stainless Steel Sink Base Tilt Out Tray
CliqStudios Cabinets
Mies van der Rohe: BRNO-chair Reproduction
Modern Classics Furniture
FiberBuilt Lucaya 9-ft. Aluminum Wind Resistant Contract Patio Umbrella - 9LUCAY
$599.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™