Rutt Regency vs. Brookhaven

CT_NewbieAugust 10, 2013

Hi! I did my own analysis and found that both brands seem comparable. The quotes I got were comparable and I want maple and plywood. I think one slight difference is that Rutt has 5/8" drawer thickness and Brookhaven's is closer to 3/4". Both KDs were highly competent. Each KD is tied to a contractor so my decision will likely be driven by the contractor. However, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

The Rutt person felt that Rutt Regency was much higher quality than Brookhaven. The Brookhaven folks felt that we were getting Wood-Mode quality without the price. As I wasn't taking advantage of features offered for Wood-mode but not Brookhaven since I am getting white shaker cabinets

Just wondering if I missed anything about Brookhaven vs. Rutt Regency. If you think one is better than the other, please explain why. We're trying to make a decision on this over the weekend.

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
a2gemini

If you are going BH - be sure your quote includes the plywood boxes as that is an upgrade.
I have BH for over a year - they are beautiful but I did have a drawer problem due to too much weight which is being re-worked. (I don't have plywood - somehow I thought it was standard...)
You have a lot of flexibility with BH.

Bookmark   August 10, 2013 at 12:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
interess

We've had Rutt kitchen cabinets for over 20 yrs. They are still beautiful and all the special hinges and the sliders work great.

Bookmark   August 10, 2013 at 6:02PM
More Discussions
Stacked uppers?
Is it worth doing stacked uppers? I love the look but...
tigger9759
Floor for White Kitchen?
Our original plan was wood look tile with white cabinets....
annaw_123
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
leavemeout
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™